PDA

View Full Version : Daler Rowney brand

MsLilypond
09-25-2003, 01:33 PM
Does anyone use the Daler Rowney brand of soft pastels? Are they a good brand and would you recommend them?

I have looked at the past posts about brands and haven't seen them mentioned. But a book I was looking at at the the local Barnes and Noble mentioned them.

Thanks bunches.

meowmeow
09-25-2003, 01:44 PM
I ordered some other stuff from Dakota Pastels a while back and they sent along a couple of these as samples (at least I assume that's why they were included)...I have been using them and like them a lot. Of course that is just 2 sticks...but they seem very nice. Softer than Rembrandts, but not as soft as say Schmincke or GReat American. They are thinner sticks too, which I always like.
Maybe someone has a set and can give you more info.

Sandy

jackiesimmonds
09-25-2003, 04:04 PM
I love these pastels, and often use them, particularly their red-grey, green-grey and blue-grey ones. They ARE thinner than most brands, but DalerRowney have just brought out a new range of extra-fat ones ... I won some recently and am eagerly awaiting delivery!

Jackie

MsLilypond
09-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the reponses so far. That's what I wanted to know.
I am going to order some soft pastels from Pearl Paint, because none of the art stores where I live have open stock, and the Daler Rowneys are only $1.72 a stick instead of $2.00 or more,
I just wanted to make sure they were a decent brand.