PDA

View Full Version : Today's image

Darisc
04-11-2014, 12:24 AM
I've been working on this on and off since early morning.

WIP or finished? Opinions?

The image has been speaking to me and I want to continue the dialogue...but, I've overworked and ruined many images in the past...:(

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Apr-2014/1706895-image.jpg

opainter
04-11-2014, 12:27 AM
To me it looks like several earrings, one of which is a wire hoop, lying on white satin in a big jewelry box. No changes needed, for then it might stop looking like jewelry!

ChristyQ
04-11-2014, 12:53 AM
I like it as is! Good work!

davefriend
04-11-2014, 01:06 AM
Looks like you framed it - so its done!

Darisc
04-11-2014, 01:26 AM
To me it looks like...
While many enjoy "seeing" things in nonobjective works, at the risk of coming across as snarky (I hate snarky :evil: ), my (non-confrontational) response to those comments invite that the observer consider the analogy between nonobjective art and instrumental music / representional art and lyrical music.

To me, there are many parallels between audio and visual art; consider, how many times (if ever) have you listened to a piece of instrumental music and thought, Hmmm, sounds like bulldozers running amok over a ballet company on a sunny afternoon in Central Park.

Food for thought? :D

DMSS
04-11-2014, 06:59 AM
bulldozers running amok over a ballet company on a sunny afternoon
That made me laugh.
I like your painting. For me it could be done.

jimwhalen
04-11-2014, 08:36 AM
It looks complete to me and I like it.

Is that a virtual frame? What are the dimensions and what media?

Darisc
04-11-2014, 10:35 AM
It looks complete to me and I like it.

Is that a virtual frame? What are the dimensions and what media?

Thanks. I looked at it when I woke up this morning and decided it's finished.

All the work I've been posting is done on an iPad using Procreate, then Brushes to frame them for presentation on the screen. They are studies for paintings and I print a lot of giclees on canvas also.

I've printed pieces as large as 40x60. The Procreate app is amazing as it enables one to work on a tablet just as one would on canvas or other surface.

While I prefer painting to pixels, being able to create images so quickly on a tablet is seductive and addictive. More and more artists who are not making "computer art" are making use of this tool. Check out David Hockney's work using the Brushes app on iPad. I have that app also but Procreate is vastly superior.

karen m
04-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Finished! And it's a good one, I think. :)

Inward Arts
04-11-2014, 05:42 PM
I like the movement in this piece..I'd call it done too for fear it will become overworked if not.

FULLERARTIST
04-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Awesome. The only thing I would do is make the circle at the upper right corner of the square a little more important. Brighten the color or make it the purple blue. Kay

Darisc
04-11-2014, 09:38 PM
...The only thing I would do...

Good eye, thank you! I was fretting about that detail since the early stages of the work and your observation gave me the courage to change it. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Apr-2014/1706895-image.jpg

abstractca
04-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Wonderful!!

Ishka Baha
04-12-2014, 03:40 AM
You are very good at this. I really like your work.