PDA

View Full Version : water color crayons

anitaarts
07-23-1999, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know if water color crayons are recognized as being in the water color catagory if they are used without water..Will the Water Color Society or other orginizations accept them as a water color painting when used in this manner??
I've used them with goauche and frisket,know of any other media they work well with ?

oleCC
08-24-1999, 08:51 AM
Hi Anita..........only just today saw your msg........don't think it really matters all that much about the crayons. If you label your work as being "water media"...it covers a lot of ground right? Even gouche is water based media.

anitaarts
08-24-1999, 06:02 PM
Good idea CC. I've been trying to get my courage up to using them wet. I'm using Bristol board right now and really enjoy being able to use a lot of different media on it.
How's your work going? Your classes? Mine start back up after Labor Day. Are you teaching kids ,too?

anita Stewart
01-01-2000, 12:50 AM
well
I talked to someone who is a member of the watercolor socity and they told me that in oder for a painting to be considered ,to be judged by them it had to be at least 60%aquaeous..So I guess that answers that question..He also said that you could use other media with your watercolors but a similiar rule applies : You have to use watercolors for at least 60% of the piece for it to be considered a watercolor..Please correct me if I'm wrong..

Christine Zook
02-24-2000, 02:21 PM
If you are talking about entering competitions, the key is to read the prospectus very carefully. There are still competitions which are limited to transparent watercolor only (not even gouache is acceptable), and then you might have a problem.