PDA

View Full Version : Pomegranate Love sketchbook

watercolored
04-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Hi,

My pomegranate sketchbook was just digitized for the Brooklyn Art Library's sketchbook project. It has already begun its tour. For folks who haven't been there the library is an amazing collection of thousands of sketchbooks from around the world. Many are digitized and can be viewed on their site. Their new project was announced recently if anyone wants to participate.

Here is the link to mine: http://www.sketchbookproject.com/library/14719

Note that a few are either rubber or linocut prints that I have glued in and in a couple of cases a card repro of a watercolor painting and a copy of an ink drawing. All the mediums are listed on one of the last pages. It was created in 3 long days.

Best wishes,
Margo

wabbitt
04-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Awesome book, thanks for sharing! I like the simple theme and all the variations and mediums. I smiled from first page to the last.

Carole A
04-09-2014, 12:05 AM
I, too, love pomegranites. When they appear in the stores around November, I bring them home for decoration and have always thought about painting them.

You certainly showed a diversity of poms. Great job.

Carole

Joan T
04-09-2014, 06:50 AM
Margo, I love variety of ways that you did the pomegranates!!! This is really great. I keep saying I have to go over to the Brooklyn Museum and see some of the books. I have a few there too and know a number of people who have their books in the collections.

mhimeswc
04-09-2014, 08:09 AM
I love it! I don't think I could have come with that many variations of a single theme. Very creative!

DrDebby
04-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Welcome Margo, to the Art Journal forum. Several people here have participated in the sketch book project at various times. You are in good company. You have a really lovely sketchbook. Looking forward to you sharing more of your work.