PDA

View Full Version : New domain

Antonella
09-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Hello,
I have had my personal domain www.antonellagrima.com for a bit more than a week now. I have also chenged the format, trying to make the site more user-friendly Please visit my site and tell me what you think.

Cathie Jones
09-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Hi! I tried to access your site from the link and got a blank page with "5B1" in the upper left corner. Hoping to see it soon!

Antonella
09-26-2003, 08:33 AM
that's strange, it works fine when I click on it. Maybe it was temporarily unavailable when you tried. Please do try again and let me know if you manage to access the site.

Alan Cross
09-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Nice looking page....I also just got my domain now I am looking for hosting I was hoping to put it here but there is no more room..
Alan :)

Antonella
09-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Hello Alan,
I enjoyed looking at your beautiful paintings on your website.
With regards to webhosting, I posted my site on a free hosting service with unlimited space, although it is limited by the fact that it is rather slow to dowload and upload at times. There are a variety of free sites like geocities and MSN and so on where you can upload your site. There are also a greater number of services where you can purchace a particular amount of personal space online for putting your site. I suggest doing a bit of shopping around before deciding since there is quite a choice. Good luck with your pursuit:)

Antonella

Alan Cross
09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Antonella
Hello Alan,
I enjoyed looking at your beautiful paintings on your website.
With regards to webhosting, I posted my site on a free hosting service with unlimited space, although it is limited by the fact that it is rather slow to dowload and upload at times. There are a variety of free sites like geocities and MSN and so on where you can upload your site. There are also a greater number of services where you can purchace a particular amount of personal space online for putting your site. I suggest doing a bit of shopping around before deciding since there is quite a choice. Good luck with your pursuit:)

Antonella

Thanks very much yes I quess thats what I have to do....

artbybradgreek
10-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Very good looking site Antonella!!

I too need to do some refining of my website, My Nephew is building my site (cause I don't have a clue how to) LOL . Just having trouble getting him over here to finish it up. We got the main lay out but I need to redo alot of it. But it will get there soon.

As far as the web hosting.. I'm paying for my site..using Global Internet Solutions. It's been a very good server so far. The price is based on size of site (package) you want plus varies on how you want to pay..monthly/yearly.

I really like both of your sites' Antonella and Alan. Good Job!!
Brad

My Website (http://www.artbybradgreek.com)

Alan Cross
10-07-2003, 11:46 AM
Thanks Brad....

Antonella
10-07-2003, 01:08 PM
It does take a lot of time putting up a website !! I visited your site and found it very neat and pleasant to look at, and the background you chose compliments your work. I think you're getting there very fast. In fact your site seems very complete to me. Good luck with your site and looking forward to seeing your works on the Wetcanvas

artbybradgreek
10-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Thank you very much Antonella :)
And You are very welcome Alan :)

Thanx for checking out my site, what I still need to do is work on the Archives pages..they are overloaded, need to make about 4 pages out of them two. Also my aviation and self portrait scratchboard images are too large for a thumbnail pic. gritty images. And I would also like to show on them whether they are sold, available, commissioned or in a private collection. and maybe the sizes, name of the paintings and possible a blow up of each. I have many more links I would like to add to my links page. I also wrote a new bio and artist statement for the bio page.

Maybe add some more about me... so to give the veiwer a better understanding of who I am, and what kind of life I lead. I've found that to a collector..they want to get to know about the artist. To feel like they know them as a person. So that when they are showing off their collection ..they have something to say about the artist. Just my thinking.

I don't have any famous quotes or much knowledge on art history.... so I have to just rely on my own experiences... so that's what I want to do with my site. This is our marketing business card and I want it to leave the veiwer with a complete understanding of who I am and what I do or did.

I would love to share my work on WC.. but I don't have a clue about what to do.. I know that Alan does alot of projects here... so I might need to get up with him on the ins and outs of that. I also would like to ..in the near future have an e-bay shop set up as well..still reading the threads on all of those experiences.

Sorry I write alot LOL Art has been apart of my entire life and I have alot to say LOL What does WIP stand for? I know what it is.... just don't know what WIP stands for. Well I'll hush for now and looking forward to more great stuff here!! Brad

Alan Cross
10-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Well thanks for asking an easy question....it Work in Progress...

artbybradgreek
10-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Thanx again Alan LOL I'm such an IDIOT!!!!!!! LOL

never even thought of that...but use the phrase all the time..LOL

New question..off the beaten path of this thread...I looked at your new project Alan .. painting without drawing.. great stuff by the way! My question is: Is it unsual for someone to paint without drawing first?? The reason I ask is that I hardly ever draw on my canvas.. most time not sure what i'm going to paint when I start! LOL I just start painting and study the (work in progress) LOL and see different thing start to appear and then I go in that direction, I study my work alot when I paint, looking for something to happen...then it does. I've noticed that alot of the WIP's here do draw first..always wanted to ask this question. Brad

Alan Cross
10-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Well most of the time I work in watercolors so drawing is usually a big part of it....but I do try and stay loose so this helps painting without drawing....its harder in watercolors I think, when I paint in
canvas I never draw like you I see what it wants to be...lol