PDA

View Full Version : A recent work to share...

karen m
04-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone....
Been a very long time since I've been here on a regular basis - nor have I posted anything in ages and ages.

Thought I would share a recently-completed work. It's a digital image printed on metal and the diptych measures 16 x 32 inches. Titled: 'You Can't Get There From Here'.

Comments appreciated, of course. :)

karen m
04-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Ah....the sound of silence. Pretty much says it all, I guess. Oh well. :o

Inward Arts
04-07-2014, 06:11 PM
I get the concern with the sound of silence. Sometimes I get that too and really wonder. Hmmmm...
anyway! I like the depth of this a lot, and the arrow like imagery. For me, growing up in the 80's, it reminds me a lot of that era. That isn't bad or good, its just an observation.

davefriend
04-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Well let me add to the shattering of the silence Karen! ...and it's nice to have you back.

I wouldn't worry about comments taking a few hours to arrive as everybody has their own schedule and they all check in to WC at different times. I find that I may look at a piece many times before I commit to a comment and then there are the times when I say something right off on the first visit. Art takes time to soak in and marinate.

I Love the colors and limited palette your using. The painting looks so organized and I suppose that is because of the duplicated square format compositions, each being the mirror image in opposite color temperatures with the black staying constant across both.

Pretty cool, very contemporary/modern.

Is there a separation between the 2 squares or is that part of the digital effect?

tarsier
04-07-2014, 06:31 PM
It was a very silent weekend. Spring is finally arriving across North America and everyone is out like undead standing in the sun moaning and shuffling with their arms out to their sides.

These are so interesting and vibrant that I could stare at them for a long time. Looks like something you might see on the cover of a jazz album...er...cd cover. What do they cover .mp3/ 4's with?

abstractca
04-07-2014, 07:57 PM
I like the colors and the curves...the only thing that distracts me are the lines in between both of the pictures...looks too even stevens

karen m
04-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Thank you all so much for your comments and observations. I think I am a bit over-sensitive these days and am concentrating on my work to help heal a few recent wounds. Sorry. :o

The printing on metal is relatively new to me and I am really liking the vibrancy that filters through the colour. The process is a bit expensive and partly due to that I have been creating smaller works. I was so pleased with the first effort that I decided to make it a diptych and created the mirror image - a Rorschach effect to add a bit more significance to the work on a wall.

The line which shows down the middle represents an actual separation between the two sides. I created that shadow effect with PS just to try to show the effect of the two pieces when side-by-side.

I have a few more pieces printed on metal and few other more painterly works which are photo-manipulations primarily. They are printed on an acrylic substrate - whole different feeling.

Once again.....many thanks for the thoughts and encouragement. :)