PDA

View Full Version : Terragen Render

nnelson1
06-28-2001, 10:44 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jun-2001/sunset.jpg

Twenty minutes to design, 2 hours to render.
Nice photorealistic quality.

Whatcha think?

Nick

Shehaub
06-28-2001, 02:24 PM
oooh... Ooooh!

That looks like it could be right here in the Reno area. I swear I can go outside and look to the west and see the other side of that mountain.

I like it!

MissMouse
06-28-2001, 09:32 PM
Now that I like, very very nice. It only took two hours. When I get busy with the computer thats the end of me. it sort of takes over.

sherville
06-29-2001, 08:27 AM
Hi Nick.
Does terragen create the sky or did you put it in later with a different program?
I've used terragen a few times once - I don't really know about much of what it can do - I could never find a use for it. :)
One of my teachers uses it for backgrounds behind his 3D worlds or as a starting place or 'plan' for his own landscapes.
I imagine it could be a really neat program if I knew what to do with it. :D :)
Good job - Love the reflections on the water.
Just wondering... Do you also do 3D?

nnelson1
06-29-2001, 03:02 PM
Yep, the sky was done with terragen as well. It's a neat little program that, with a little coaxing, renders quite nicely.

Yeah, I've worked with LIghtwave, Studio Max, Maya, etc. It's been awhile. I should get back to it but time is the enemy! :D

Cheers!

Nick

rsmak
06-29-2001, 09:22 PM
Yes,it is very nice.just beautiful.
rosanna

digistyle
07-01-2001, 11:00 PM
Okay, I'm officially impressed! This is a great image. If I didn't know that this was a created image, I'd believe that it was a real place.

digistyle

JeanineJ
07-12-2001, 04:58 PM
OK, color me stupid, but I am very new to digital art... And my question is, "How do you graduate the size of the waves?" They get smaller moving back... Do you start with a photo? You have made this look more real than reality! Beautiful...

lady vangogh
07-20-2001, 09:13 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
This is so :cool: !!!
I love it!!! Very peaceful.

dr strangelove
07-27-2001, 04:40 PM
Nice! I always wanted to visit Princess Louisa Inlet, maybe I don't have to now. I just downloaded my copy of terragen.
I hope I can use it with Moray or Blender.

2 hours is a long time:eek:....I take it this isn't the full size rendering?