PDA

View Full Version : It's ben far too long!

AndreD
04-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Life sure has its ways of throwing you curveballs. Wasn't able to get much free time in the last 9 or so months with so many things going on with life but thankfully things are hopefully settling down a bit for a while and I can get back to what I love. Nice to see things are active as ever in here. Still enjoying abstract earthly themes I've been playing around with mixed media paintings. Working on cracks/fissures. This piece is volcanic in nature but have a couple of others on the go too. Pic isn't the greatest but gives an idea of where it's going. Used a few glazes to try and get some added depth but it doesn't really translate well in the photo...doesn't help that it's quite glossy too. Critiques welcome as usual :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Apr-2014/1149259-photo.JPG

davefriend
04-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Great colors, very strong that red. What size is this and you used oils or acrylics?

AndreD
04-04-2014, 06:27 PM
It's only on an 18x24. It's painted with acrylic and yes the red is very saturated in the pic. I'll try to get a better pic of it and replace this one. My better camera went to pot the other day and I only have my *gasp* iphone camera for the next little while :(

DMSS
04-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Very appealing. I like the "grain" that runs through the yellow area.

AndreD
04-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Thank you. I'll try to get a better pic of it. This looks far too washed out and in reality the colours are much deeper.

Ishka Baha
04-05-2014, 08:04 AM
The earth is bleeding. Great colours even if it is a bad shot.

Katie Black
04-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Nice to see you back...I love your colour mix, and I can see there is quite a bit of texture in there too!

AndreD
04-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks to both of you. I don't do a lot of mixed media work but I really like the texture I got using tissue paper on this one. I usually use paint or medium to build texture.

Inward Arts
04-08-2014, 11:33 AM
I like this, really moving and emotional. I think its almost done, or done, no? Its such a strong fissure that anything else might distract from that. I like its simplicity/composition.

AndreD
04-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Thank you. It is done as it's seen in the pic. I've added a few more coats of varnish to it for a little more depth but you wouldn't see that in a photo. I've ordered a battery for my better camera but looks like it won't be in until later this week or early next. When I get it I'll take a better pic of it.