PDA

View Full Version : Back Gate From Parking Lot 140403

Trier
04-03-2014, 10:26 AM
16x30 acrylic&tempera/paper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2014/89990-DSCN0454RearPkgGateWC.JPG

C&C needed

Regards,
Trier

ChristyQ
04-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Great work! I love how all of your work has a great matching style. As soon as I open the thread I know exactly who posted it lol I love how loose but in control it looks.

Ishka Baha
04-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Having spent the bones of many, many minutes staring at this piece I have finally come to a conclusion. It is definitely a phenomenal Irish wake at a shebeen up in the mountains. And there is only one way to leave and arrive..... by the back gate from the parking lot. Great piece.

gulden
04-06-2014, 05:13 PM
I really like the arrangement and the object you painted, but the colours are a bit too dark and dull for me. Maybe it's due to the fact it's a photo and its lighter in reality ;)

Inward Arts
04-07-2014, 06:21 PM
perhaps a little dull in color by the picture anyway, but i really love the composition, shapes, and the line. Just love how its so stylized. Nice work!

Trier
04-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Christy - Thank you very much. I would like to edge a bit towards the surreal, as you do, just for the fun of it.

Nikki - I can really count on you to come up with an unexpected, but totally appropriate,observation. It was probably the somewhat somber colors that gave you that feeling. I thought it looked "heavy" as soon as I finished it and that was the way I was feeling at the time... Good call, thank you.

Gulden - Nope, the colors really are that way, as I told Nikki. I made up for it a little in the next one, posted as "Kids Lunch Outside".
Thanks for the comment.

Rachel - Thanks for your input, glad you liked it.

Regards,
Trier