PDA

View Full Version : Tree Strand

ChristyQ
04-02-2014, 10:19 PM
More surreal than abstract, I didn't do the watercolor drips this time, or the white lines, so it looks naked to me. After I stepped back I noticed how off center it is, it's to the right to much and the left side looks naked. I don't know if I should cut it down to 18" x 30" or try and add something on the side.

20" x 30" watercolor on arches art board
C & C welcome and appreciated

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2014/1339374-Tree_Small.JPG

abstractca
04-02-2014, 11:35 PM
You do such wonderful facials. ..capture the expressions intense

Trier
04-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Given your outstanding ability, I would like to see something added on the left. my 2 cents.

Regards,
Trier

ChristyQ
04-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Abstractca - Thank you! :)

Trier- I am in a creative rut on this one, any ideas what to add? I thought about a swatch of color just pulled down or some green dripping from top to bottom, but I'm paranoid that it will make that side look to heavy. Help!

Ishka Baha
04-03-2014, 02:44 PM
The tree of knowledge. Great face.

Trier
04-03-2014, 05:00 PM
As the Hippocratic Oath says, first do no harm, therefore I would not want to suggest something that would ruin your work .

I know very little about watercolor, and don't know what would be irreversible.

Just as an idea, or starting point, if it were mine, I would try a little leafy thing, or a geometric figure by itself, placed on the left about on a level with her forehead hairline so as to lie roughly on the circumference of the imaginary circle that is described by the tips of the foliage. Start small and allow for enlargement if that would look better.

Next, try a wavy attached tendril/stem to the leafy thing, going down behind her head and coming out at an angle and length to be determined by trial and error. Or, maybe curve the line down below her and come back up on the left side again, something of an"s" shape, whatever.

If a geometric figure is used, a straight line, diagonal or horizontal going behind her to the right side, and then zig zag to give a "v" shape or a "z" shape.

I would do these things only if they were reversible.

You have probably already thought of these approaches, but maybe they will trigger something.

Good Luck

Regards,
Trier

ChristyQ
04-03-2014, 05:03 PM
As the Hippocratic Oath says, first do no harm, therefore I would not want to suggest something that would ruin your work .

I know very little about watercolor, and don't know what would be irreversible.

Just as an idea, or starting point, if it were mine, I would try a little leafy thing, or a geometric figure by itself, placed on the left about on a level with her forehead hairline so as to lie roughly on the circumference of the imaginary circle that is described by the tips of the foliage. Start small and allow for enlargement if that would look better.

Next, try a wavy attached tendril/stem to the leafy thing, going down behind her head and coming out at an angle and length to be determined by trial and error. Or, maybe curve the line down below her and come back up on the left side again, something of an"s" shape, whatever.

If a geometric figure is used, a straight line, diagonal or horizontal going behind her to the right side, and then zig zag to give a "v" shape or a "z" shape.

I would do these things only if they were reversible.

You have probably already thought of these approaches, but maybe they will trigger something.

Good Luck

Regards,
Trier

Watercolor on this art board is irreversible (as far as I know), once the color is down, it's either add to it or curl up in a ball in the corner crying.

I like the tendril idea, I think I might try something like that. I was thinking about it but wasn't quite sure how I would approach it. I'll post again here when I have finished adding. :)

ChristyQ
04-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Ok, updated adding more so the left isn't so naked.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2014/1339374-Tree_Strand_Small.JPG