PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scumble April 2014

Shirl Parker
03-31-2014, 11:53 PM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Scumble, our monthly chat thread where we share the happenings of our everyday lives! I hope you will all chime in and look forward to hearing about them.

:wave:

tulabula
04-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Well I guess I will start this off and see if any one reads these :)

I have news that is very big for me! I was just juried into a gallery in the biggest city in the state on the main street where everyone goes! Lots of business all year.
Although I have been in the local gallery in our small seasonal town for a while I am very excited to step into the bigger art community in the city/state.
It is in part to all the help I have received here and I have to bow down and thank you all. My dreams are becoming reality WOW
THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!

*Deirdre*
04-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Congratulations Laurie! Well done for getting in there. It truly is great when dreams turn into reality...and it's all down to your hard work!

getdusty
04-04-2014, 03:06 PM
That's wonderful, Laurie! (See, we do read these):lol:

tulabula
04-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Thank you Deirdre!
Thank you Peg! Good to know people do read theses posts!
Thank you both for your kind comments!

DBfarmgirl
04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Laurie- that's great! Hopefully it will lead to more sales.
Alaska is on my "bucket list" I have a globe trotting Aunt in Anchorage, She has stayed in Alaska longer, and likes it more, than any of the other states she's resided in. Likes everything except the tomatoes...

I scheduled my next eye surgury for May 13th. Wanted it to be sooner but I'll take what I can get. I'm still amazed when I look out my right eye and don't have all the debris floating. It has been the answer to a million prayers.

I've been trying to paint daily at least until the weather breaks. Then it will be on to the garden, finishing the outside of the house, clearing brush, etc. Until then I've taken a break from pastels and have been playing around in watercolor.

hope all is well with everyone after this long winter.

LisaOlivarez
04-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone! Congratulations, Laurie!

I'm a little scared to start painting again after about 3 months off. Anyone ever feel that way?

tulabula
04-16-2014, 11:06 PM
Thank youDBFarmgirl! And yes the tomatoes....
Have not had a really good tomato in years.
Wonderful that they are able to fix your eyes!

Lisa, yes I think anyone would feel hesitant, I know I did, but you have to just jump back in with both feet and you will find it will all come back in a very short time. Just do something that is not so important that you will be upset if it is not your best and Go for it! And have fun!

Shirl Parker
05-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Time for a new chat thread. Click here. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20069597#post20069597)