PDA

View Full Version : Orchid Scratchboard with gouache

yasminarose
09-24-2003, 10:38 PM
This is my second post, my first one was in the new user channel and tells a little about myself. As promised here is one of my scratchboard pieces. I took a picture from WebShots and converted it into this drawing. When I was finished with the scratches, I then painted it with gouache paint using a dry brush method, when that was dry I scratched in some highlights. C/C welcome.
Thanx,
Michelle

Tamana
09-24-2003, 11:04 PM
The delicacy of that stem balancing the heaviness of the blooms is great. Good stratchings.

lisilk
09-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Good to see your first post.

Very nice work. Is this scratchboard you made yourself ? The colors are very nice and the scratching very delicate.

Welcome aboard !

Li

yasminarose
09-25-2003, 12:22 AM
Thank you all for the encouragment. This is a 5"x7" scratchboard or clayboard black from ampersand.

Alan Cross
09-25-2003, 02:11 AM
Good job on your first post .....very nice work.
Alan :)

Jakeally
09-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Welcome to the forum Michelle and what a grand entrance you made with this delightful picture. Excellent scratching.
I look forward to seeing lots more of your work:cat:

sassybird
09-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Welcome to WC! and Mixed, Yasmin:) This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your process. Do you enjoy working with gouache?

yasminarose
09-26-2003, 06:36 PM
I like working with gouache, it has a nice consistency and it doesnt take the ink up on the scratchboard. I tried using ink on the scratchboard and I wasnt happy with the result. I havent had much time to use gouache other that this.

Michelle:cat: