03-27-2014, 10:54 AM
That's really cool. How was it done?

frayling
03-27-2014, 12:05 PM
That's really cool. How was it done?
thanks i's a 3D fractal using my own parameters

LavenderFrost
03-28-2014, 11:15 AM
I never would have guessed it was a fractal. I've played with them a bit but when I see something like this I wonder, did you plan it or was it all by chance?

Please do include more description with your posts, at least what program was used. Artists are curious you know. :)

frayling
03-29-2014, 05:56 AM
I never would have guessed it was a fractal. I've played with them a bit but when I see something like this I wonder, did you plan it or was it all by chance?

Please do include more description with your posts, at least what program was used. Artists are curious you know. :)
I will take that under consideration
the software is mandelbulb

to answer your question yes and no,this is a true 3D fractal using my own parameters but being 3D it means you can navigate around and within it to find interesting pictures/structures. I was hooked on these a while back as I found it interesting and absorbing
this is another example

LavenderFrost
03-29-2014, 11:11 AM
That one is really cool too.

dennylives1
03-29-2014, 11:34 AM
excellent painting. the 3-d fractal effect works fine.

Turkeytrot
03-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Interesting fractal though at least for me it doesn't answer the question: what does it mean? If you weren't looking for a critique please allow me to apologize--but I'm always more interested in what the artist is saying in his/her work.

frayling
03-30-2014, 04:29 AM
excellent painting. the 3-d fractal effect works fine.
cheers
rob

frayling
03-30-2014, 04:57 AM
Interesting fractal though at least for me it doesn't answer the question: what does it mean? If you weren't looking for a critique please allow me to apologize--but I'm always more interested in what the artist is saying in his/her work.
Thanks for peeking in and commenting
To answer your question I don't regard myself as an "artist" in as much that I have no message to convey in any of my work I just paint or produce what I feel like as and when the mood takes me or if I'm bored.
I'm more interested in the technical side and my own satisfaction than giving the world a meaningful experience. My painting life is not validated by people liking my work.I have sold hundreds of pictures in the past and i get pleasure from the thought that my work is hanging on someones wall somewhere but that's where it ends.
The first Fractal is an impression of the inside of a spacecraft or that is what I saw when I navigated to it within the Fractal
The second fractal is my impressiion of an alien hive with the growth cells
but at the end of the day it's up to you to have the imagination to see what you want.if that is nothing then that's fine but all the same is it still has you thinking about it so job done
regards Rob

Turkeytrot
03-30-2014, 05:24 AM
I don't regard myself as an "artist" in as much that I have no message to convey

Fair enough.

regards,
turkeytrot

b'anna
03-30-2014, 11:36 AM
This is great stuff! I love 3d but have never gotten my head around it. I play a little but that is it. I'll have to look at the program you were talking about. Thanks for sharing!
Barb