PDA

View Full Version : Need help understanding uploading

MJGresko
03-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Geez I haven't uploaded anything in quite awhile and now what I used to do doesn't seem to be here anymore. I tried to upload a photo in a new thread and I followed along ok and it uploads my photo I guess but I don't see it. It leaves a blue link. Am I supposed to put the blue link with my text? Before I used a quick link at the top of the page that I uploaded from and the picture would appear with my text. Is that no longer available? Sorry if this has been covered over and over again but I'm slow to change.

rugman
03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
I just use the insert image feature just above where we type our words. It is the yellow square with mountain in it. After I browse my folders and upload photo, it shows my photo. I click on it and the blue link appears in the text typing area. When I click on 'submit reply', the actual photo appears in the post. If posting more than one photo, I clicking on insert photo button (yellow square with mountain) again, after uploading first photo. And I will have more than one blue link, one for each photo. But after clicking on 'submit reply', all the actual photos appear in post.

I used to use quick link feature, but I don't have that anymore, or at least its not where it used to be. So, I just use yellow box with mountain.:)

Hope this helps answer your question.

MJGresko
03-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks Ron I'll give it a try. Somehow I missed the yellow square with mountain. Let's see if I can find it and try again. I hate when things disappear after using them for so long. I get totally flustered.

Yorky
03-24-2014, 05:21 AM
Check out the resizing and uploading links in my signature. If you work on a mac I advise you to use Firefox as Safari is problematical. The uploader box defaults to .gif you have to select "All files" to see your jpegs.

Doug

MJGresko
03-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Doug, problem solved painlessly. Never knew about the little yellow mountain.

SueNM
03-24-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm not seeing a yellow box here where we type our response.

SueNM
03-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Oops, never mind. I see it when you want to start a new thread.

Yorky
03-24-2014, 11:22 AM
You may have to Go Advanced with your reply, then the uploader icon is along the top with the other icons.

Doug

SueNM
03-24-2014, 12:54 PM
I got carried away today, but I did manage to do the uploading. Thanks for your help.

*Deirdre*
03-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Hope you're both sorted now...should you forget again...find me...there is a link to uploading in my signature:D

MJGresko
03-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Deirdre I'm good now and I have remembered and retained the info!