PDA

View Full Version : Nita - Portrait

ArtScience
03-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Portrait of my beautiful daughter. One day daddy found her "reading" on a carpet shortly after we read it together and surely it had to be immortalized :)

Painted this in Photoshop. I'll also include the original photo in this post, because it might interest someone.

Heart Of Darkness
03-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Beautiful...I love her blue eyes and adorable expression....well done :)

LavenderFrost
03-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Really sweet!

Lucy-Foote
03-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Very sweet photo! Did you paint over the photo in Photo Shop> I don't have Photo shop. Just Corel Painter X, and Art rage. Where I have to paint from scratch. I like what you have done.

Lucyhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2014/70668-A_Foote_icon_bak.JPG

ArtScience
03-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments!

Lucy: I used the photo a lot, but didn't exactly paint on it. I tuned the photo a bit to get a better feeling of values and then I painted more of the head that was in the picture and changed the background. I put some values and color here and there and made a traced line drawing of it. Then I used a smaller version of the photo at the side of my painting for reference and continued or rather started painting and working on all areas. I used the photo a few times on a layer over the painting to check on detailed areas such as area surrounding the eyes. This was done like a flip of a switch on/off so I notice if something is not right or I can tighten things up that way.

Lucy-Foote
03-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info on your painting. You did a good job. I guess I do it the hard way as I never have used layers. They always confused me, and still do:)

Lucyhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2014/70668-A_Foote_icon_bak.JPG

Elainepsq
03-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Great job, it's such an unusual angle, but yet, just right for the baby looking up at you from the floor.
Lucy: If you have painter and art rage, you certainly can paint over a painting. In art rage, go to FILE/Import Image File to Layer. Then just drag the empty layer above the image layer, and you are ready to paint.

b'anna
03-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Petri, This is just so perfect! She is such a beautiful little girl and you did such a great job of capturing her!
Congrats!
Barb