PDA

View Full Version : Frustration

Jody Schmidt
03-17-2014, 04:04 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2014/975201-frus_i.JPG

Semi-abstract. Didn't have Rodin in mind, but now see something of a resemblance. The modern age.

mihaela
03-17-2014, 06:07 PM
I keep coming back to this piece. There is something disturbing about that cvasi-diagonal, but in a dynamic way. It actually strengthens the composition, contrasting with the more 'quiet' left part. The finger pointing out of the picture frame is counterbalanced by the triangle on the right with a grounded angle, bringing the eye in the lower right corner and from there back to the pointer. But this diagonal also creates a fusion between the two, it's at once hiatus and glue. I can see a possible reference to Rodin in the contemplative subject and textures, I like it

Turkeytrot
03-18-2014, 05:43 AM
I like it. It looks like a hawks wing!

Turkeytrot

birdhs
03-18-2014, 11:15 AM
I've looked at this several times now...

it is 'interesting' but undecipherable (to me)

that is frustrating to my logical mind, surely it must 'be something'

yet I cannot comprehend what "IT" is

and yet, again, I return to gaze at it

because it is fascinating
it is strong
it is soft
because no color gives me a clue

I want to unlock the secret
yet I do not want to "understand" it

so I'll just keep staring at it
in sheer enjoyment

tanxfersharinwidus

greggo

trufflecat
03-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Greggo said it well. I can't quite get my head around this piece but it is somehow fascinating!

Jody Schmidt
03-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Thank you kindly for the remarks and comments!
mihaela - Appreciated compositional analysis- and you noticed the finger. :)
Turkeytrot - Thanks. My favorite raptor is the Peregrine Falcon, but Red Tailed Hawks are not slouches, by any means.
birdhs - Poetic. Nice! I would take those phrases, remove them from this piece and make a separate literary work and repost somewhere where them aboutz us still appreciate the metered words. :)
trufflecat (aka Greggo) - Thank you kindly.

Peace Word All.

jimwhalen
03-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Many years ago, the comic, Richard Pryor did a very funny routine about his two dogs, I think he called them Barney and Fred. He had them in all kinds of situations, but in one bit he had them running across the yard and they came upon something on lying on the grass and they stop to assess it:

Barney: What is it?

Fred: I don't know what it is, but I'm gonna eat it.

I say all that, not because your piece looks like something lying on the front lawn, but because I have no idea what it is and yet I keep looking at it, fascinated by the mystery. So, to paraphrase Fred, 'I don't know what it is, but It makes me want to look at it...

abstractca
03-19-2014, 10:23 AM
it reminds me of being on the moon, dark , mysterious. Captivating

Katie Black
03-19-2014, 08:20 PM
For me, its one of those images that you like, but aren't quite sure why you like it, if that makes any sense!

davefriend
03-19-2014, 10:11 PM
I so very much enjoy this. I think it needs a dark frame (floating frame maybe) to keep the white from bleeding into the wall it's hung on.

It has a Google earth (B/W edition) space view look to it where the NSA has stitched together photos that don't quite mate ...but then, the diagonal is the snap of the piece. Well done. :thumbsup: