PDA

View Full Version : lavender

WILT
03-14-2014, 07:48 PM
The foreground lavender fields have been painted digitally against an acrylicc background..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2014/96969-lavender.jpg

sword
03-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Great. Inspiring combination. Best use of two media and strengths of each.

LavenderFrost
03-16-2014, 11:40 AM
A nice scene, though I think the more distance rows of lavender should have more variation in colour.

WILT
03-16-2014, 01:23 PM
I agree with you ,they are a bit like plasticine strips but I'd spent hours getting the curves to be coherent without being concentric I just ran out of steam :wink2:

LavenderFrost
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
I can understand that. That's why I put my digital paintings on my desktop for a while so I can keep looking and seeing what needs work. Sometimes I need a break before I can finish.

I just noticed something else, the tree trunks have dark shadows on the ground that end rather abruptly.

Elainepsq
03-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Nice,
So, please explain what you mean by digitally against an acrylic background.... Is the background an acrylic painting that was photographed and then painted into?
It's always interesting to see how people use digital work differently.

Elaine

WILT
03-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Frosty ,
your nit-pickin, :lol:

Elaine , It was originally a complete acrylic painting and when I photographed it for possible printing I wasn't happy with the foreground lavender fields so I edited it in Elements using a simple graphics pen and tablet I bought from Aldi some time ago. Its not perfect as LavenderFrost has pointed out but its sort of surreal and different so Ive tried it as a print and we'll see if it sells.

Bill

LavenderFrost
03-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Yes, I am a nit-picker sometimes. :)

b'anna
03-30-2014, 11:58 AM
I do love the the concept and the painting as a whole! I can truly understand about running out of steam though. I do the same as Michelle and put it aside and go back to it after a while, just to see what I think after I've taken a break. That's what I love about digital! It seems easier than traditional that way.
Barb

WILT
03-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Thanks for commenting ,I can always go back in sometime as you say. Although I'm off it for the moment !!! I have been selling quite well in a local charity gallery so I,m busy printing and framing replacements .