PDA

View Full Version : Grasping 140313.3

Trier
03-13-2014, 10:15 PM
16x20 acrylic/tempera on paper - trying to let the unconscious paint and then identify, if possible.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Mar-2014/89990-DSCN0420GraspingAbWC.JPG

C&C
Regards,
Trier

abstractca
03-13-2014, 11:31 PM
Really like this..strong powerful

birdhs
03-14-2014, 12:58 AM
ADHD?

"... let the unconscious paint and then identify..."

hmmmmm..that is just the opposite of my process,

I hear the roar of a motor
smell a gardenia
run my hand over a strong shoulder
taste an icecube covered in hot sauce
feel the window shake from the thunder

then try to capture that sense

this is an interesting experiment
but methinks it went on too long

tanxfersharinwidus

greggo

theopticnerve
03-14-2014, 08:24 AM
What else can the dust try to tell us? I like it.

Trier
03-15-2014, 04:15 PM
abstracta - Thanks, I guess you see the effort I put into this search; I was tired when I was done.

Clark - Hey, that's a pretty good way to describe that approach, Thanks. I take it that you use that method also.

There might be a problem with that way leading to too much info/debris/chaos on the canvas to be sorted out, but I am going to try it some more anyway.

greggo - Thanks - Please check out my next post to see what I saw.

You may be right about the ADHD, and the canvas did wind up looking more crowded and chaotic than I expected. But maybe its just me, we will see.

I think I understand your approach because I tried it a couple of times, and will again, but my painting vocabulary just doesn't seem adequate to express sounds, smells and touches yet to the point that a viewer will see/sense them.

Regards,
Trier

abstractca
03-15-2014, 04:46 PM
you are right...I can definitely see and feel the power that went into it....it shows!

Ishka Baha
03-15-2014, 06:13 PM
The first draft looks like, "For whom the bell tolls". But this one, well, it is extravagant in it's deliverance of adversity (blowing my fingers......Birdhs, beat that............) But of course we know he will........................

davefriend
03-15-2014, 11:10 PM
Very intense, trier. :thumbsup: