PDA

View Full Version : Morning Exploring on Good Harbor Beach

JimR-OCDS
03-12-2014, 05:11 PM
The photo from the WC Reference Library, reminded me of my daughter Diane when we went to the Beach. So, I figured I add her to Good Harbour Beach in Gloucester, MA.

This is my second attempt at adding a human figure to my landscape painting. However, this is the first with the person facing me.

C & C Welcomed

Thanks
Jim

ColinS
03-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Really beautiful scene and the figure with the red jacket makes it special. I think you have done a great job adding the figure to the picture.

janinco
03-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Gorgeous! I walked out of the room while the picture was up on the monitor and it looks great from a distance, too :)

Jan

doctoring in arts
03-13-2014, 02:52 PM
beautiful

Charlie's Mum
03-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Very nice painting - good sea and colours brightened by the inclusion of the red.

susme48
03-14-2014, 04:20 PM
Nice!

gaykir
03-14-2014, 04:29 PM
This wonderfully depicts those grey beach days that I love. Very nicely done.

Dcam
03-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Hey Jim, are those sandpipers?

The figure is nice and the water....spectacular.
successful paining.
Derek

JimR-OCDS
03-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Hey Jim, are those sandpipers?

The figure is nice and the water....spectacular.
successful paining.
Derek

Dereck, the birds flying in the distance are suppose to be seagulls, but can be anything you want them to be. ;)

Jim

chammi kaiser
03-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Jim this is beautiful. I love the mistiness and the palette of colours so striking with the red jacket.

JimR-OCDS
03-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Thanks everyone.

I'm going to give this painting to my daughter for her birthday next month. She's seen the painting, but doesn't know it's going to be hers, yet.

Jim

Golfgal58
03-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Very nice.

JimR-OCDS
03-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Well, this painting had a fatal accident.

I was starting a new painting and this paint was on my easel. So, making sure I wouldn't accidentally splatter pain in it, I said to myself, " I better put it away."

I store my paintings in a trash back on a top self in my studio closet. So, I had put this painting on the filing cabinet which is in the closet, and as I pulled the other paintings out, my large attache case fell on to this painting and put a giant rip right through the center. I was pissed to say the least. :o

It can not be repaired.

So, I'm thinking I'll make a new painting of this one soon. At least I know where to avoid the mistakes I made the first time.

Anyway, it's a good thing I hadn't told my daughter I was giving this one to her for her birthday.

Instead, I told my daughter she has a choice of all of my paintings for her birthday. :)

Anyone else have a disaster with a painting you did ?

Jim

Golfgal58
03-21-2014, 11:02 PM
What a shame about this painting. I know I would not have been happy either if this had happened to me. I hope you will post your second effort here once you have it completed. I would like to see what changes you make.

Iris

jocko500
03-21-2014, 11:41 PM
so sad about it. You can google reapers on the net. I tried it and saw some to fix big rips . You have to glue the canvas with another piece of canvas in back . You may have to cover the whole back of the canvas with another canvas. try it first? google it "fix big tear on art canvas" I saw a lot of links you have to find one that will fix your tear

LavenderFrost
03-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Sorry about the tear, it was nicely done.

I damaged one painting but it just got cracked so I'm just keeping it and have it available as prints. If you have a good digital copy of this one you could print it.