PDA

View Full Version : Some new ones

alfstan
03-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Been a couple of weeks since I last put up some of my little pieces. Here are some done in the last few days. First three are oils done on plastic panels and the last two are digital done with ArtRage. C & C always welcome

DreamsToDust
03-09-2014, 09:29 PM
The first oil painting (yellow) is fantastic. Interesting use of straight lines. Makes me wonder the thought/concept behind it. Well done on all of them, Doug

birdhs
03-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Doug-- I really like all 3 of the oils, especially the yaller one,
but not so enthusiastic about the other two: they seem to be a bit soft for my taste, no sharp lines.

tanxfersharinwidus

greggo

Ishka Baha
03-10-2014, 03:53 AM
The yellow one is great and I also like the 3rd one. It has a great toppling feel to it.

trufflecat
03-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Agree with all, the yellow/orange one is terrific. Reminds me of a sailboat or maybe a dock railing, with a black sea beyond. In any case it is a truly accomplished abstract composition; something I wish I could do. The others are nice as well.

What do you think of Art Rage? I use it to design paintings.

alfstan
03-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Thank you all for your comments.

Doug - Really not much thinking or concept behind it. I'm not trying to suggest or infer anything with my little paintings. Simply trying to create something pretty. I apply colors to the support, move them around until I get what I think looks good and then I add or subtract elements if I think they are needed, trying to keep in mind how everything goes together and how the eye travels around it.

Susan - For me ArtRage, and all the rest of the digital media like TwistedBrush, Painter, and Photoshop for creating works, are toys to play with. You can do some amazing things that you cannot do in real life and I greatly admire anyone who uses them to make/create art. I'm to much of a dinosaur to use them to their full potential. Maybe if I was a teenager again. Sometimes I may get something that I like but I really prefer to smear real paint on a support. It's much easier for me and I feel more like I have created something real and not imaginary.