PDA

View Full Version : Painting Large

MarinaG
03-04-2014, 10:39 PM
I have been looking at the work of Zaria Forman, and been wondering what paper she is painting on that is so large. I haven't seen anything that big specifically for pastels.

Does anyone know or willing to take a guess? Printmaking paper or watercolour maybe?

Marina

Davkin
03-04-2014, 11:22 PM
You can buy Uart on a roll 56" wide X 30' long.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/uart-sanded-pastel-paper-rolls/

Or you could use a primer to make your own any size you want.

David

MarinaG
03-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Thanks David. I haven't seen the Uart roll but I'll ask for it at my local art store, I'm sure they can order it. I'll see if i can try a sample first as I'm not sure if i've used Uart before (before I commit to a whole roll!).

Merethe T
03-05-2014, 05:05 AM
I'm thinking about going larger too, and have been doing some research both regarding paper and framing. She prefer Rising Stonehenge for her work. But you could use paper on rolls as well, Uart or Lenox, or Wallis if you can get it. I have done a couple of large paintings on La Carte, you can get them pretty large in sheets. What's putting me off though is framing, it is a rather expensive ordeal with large works. So it is possible, but impractical and expensive. They look gorgeous though, so it is tempting...

MarinaG
03-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Thanks Merethe.
I notice when Zaria exhibits the pictures are attached to the wall without frames (kind of risky, someone could smudge them). I assume because the buyer probably frames them the way they want.

I often custom frame mine anyway because the sizes are non-standard (19x25 etc).

SAS Designs
03-10-2014, 01:58 PM
thanks for posting this thread, I went to her website & saw her work. It's amazing.
I wonder what pastels she uses?