GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sentry
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 5x7
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Just a little quickie that I tried not to overwork. I kinda like it. :)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
ummm..... hi guys!

designditz
09-24-2003, 07:07 AM
I like it... the tree looks a tad like a poodle, but interesting.. the orange is cool!

pero lane
09-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Simple scene rendered elegantly! Beautiful tree!:clap:

Paintonbrush
09-24-2003, 08:48 PM
I did not get to see this...
I would like to see your wip someday, love to see how you get the light to glow like this....:clap:

Nicolart
09-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Oh my,,,I really like this...:D ,,,those colors:clap:

Helen Zapata
09-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Hi Sarah.. actually this tree is groomed a LOT better than my poodle is right now! LOL

Pat and Nicole, thank you! This one makes me happy when I look at it.

Diane, I dunno.. the glow? I just keep painting. LOL! I used a lot of Cad Orange mixed with Cad Yellow Light in this. A mix I hadn't really played with before, but I liked it! I had fun with the edges of light around the tree. Kind of like a halo. I scumbled a glaze of that mix, (but heavier on the Cad Yellow Light than the Cad Orange), and just scrubbled it around the edges.

Maybe sometime I'll do a WIP... but you'll only get to see it IF it works out! I never know what I'm doing. :p

Helen

Marty C
09-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Hi Zapata,
Quick and effective! I love your use of strong colour. It may be a small work but it has big impact. I have a tube of Cad orange I have never opened - I think you have just inspired me to give it a try. Some limited palette works can be so interesting, great piece.:clap:
Marty:)

Wayne Gaudon
09-24-2003, 09:46 PM
I'm looking for peep holes :D .. nice and soft.

Unbeliever
09-24-2003, 09:50 PM
pleasing, orange, warm
tree trunks are flat

coulter
09-25-2003, 09:27 PM
On a 5x7!? Great stuff Helen!!

Mark

Helen Zapata
09-25-2003, 10:27 PM
Marty, you'll have to play with your Cad Orange. I've avoided it for years, and am only lately beginning to appreciate what a pretty color it is. And it's also wonderful in mixes. I'm so glad you like this one!

No peep holes, Wayne. :) Just fuzzy wuzzy.

Unbeliever, yep the trunks are rather flat.. although they do look better in person. I was trying to NOT allow myself to take this further than a very quick study. I love doing trunks and branches, so it was a little hard to sit on my hands with this one. It was basically an experiment to see if I could do something fast, that would look okay, and I wouldn't mind selling it for less than my usual price on ebay.

Thanks Mark! :D

Helen