PDA

View Full Version : What's your circadian rhythm?

Fox_eNova
03-03-2014, 02:08 AM
Everyone has a biological clock, set to eat, sleep, etc. etc.
I thought it would be interesting to see what time it is when people are most creative. Not to include a time frame due to outside interference, work, family responsibilities or family influences.
If you had all day to yourself and your creative juices start to flow .. What time is it?
For me it seems after 10pm. All my life my creative clock has always been set at night time. I seem to function better in late evening. I guess I'm a mushroom.

chammi kaiser
03-03-2014, 08:42 AM
I am at my most creative after 1 pm when I have finished all the computer and teaching work and can just settle down in my studio for an hour or two with some nice music in the background.

Davkin
03-03-2014, 10:28 AM
I've found that I have to be awake, and preferably not in the bed or the recliner.

David

Art Attack 88
03-03-2014, 12:28 PM
I tend to think a lot at night before bed and sometimes write down an idea or expand on a prior idea. Then in the morning after I'm rested I might be able to expand or modify ideas from the night before. So mornings and nights I'm usually thinking of concepts, so when I wake up I can start making them.

Rastermon
03-03-2014, 12:48 PM
I paint mostly at night, but occasionally, I LOVE to get up early and paint before I go to work.

doctoring in arts
03-03-2014, 12:49 PM
I get ideas of what to paint right before I go to sleep. Then in the morning I start to paint but it doesn't get executed the way I want it to. So I go for a walk in the eve thinking about what colors to use and sometimes the brush strokes too. Most of the times this works for me.

LavenderFrost
03-03-2014, 01:13 PM
I would create all the time if I could get away with it and not need to sleep. :lol:

My routine is to paint or craft in the afternoon, often extending some crafting into the evening. But I'm always thinking about some project.

susme48
03-03-2014, 02:52 PM
I find it really depends on the project? Some mornings I can go out to photograph whatever I did the night before, and kind of eyeball things. Sometimes I can sit and have my coffee and cig and read some of my book...other times I am antsy to get painting. Seems to work that way for me. And tho' I am and pretty much always have been a "night person" I find myself usually regretting most of what I paint late at night.

Kathrin G.
03-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Due to working a 6 day in the week job (if not 7) , I only get to paint late evenings and nights. But in general that suits me well as I am a bit of a night owl.
But if I could get away with it, I'd paint 24/7 :D
Then again, when work gets too busy and my muse runs away ... I might not paint for weeks or months :clear:

Dcam
03-03-2014, 04:34 PM
I like to work right after supper. Early morning on weekends.

But.....I'm old and always tired. :lol:
Derek

idylbrush
03-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Mornings are always my most creative time. I like the gentle quiet time mornings afford me.

DylanF
03-03-2014, 05:58 PM
I have a sleep condition so i dont get up till 1-2 pm and i dont go to bed till about 6-7 am so im most productive late night and early morn usualy i turn off the lights to my studio about 4 am start winding down

Fox_eNova
03-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I have a sleep condition so i dont get up till 1-2 pm and i dont go to bed till about 6-7 am so im most productive late night and early morn usualy i turn off the lights to my studio about 4 am start winding down
DITTO !! :)

Bob Rooney
03-03-2014, 09:44 PM
I have the same hours. What is this sleep condition called?

DylanF
03-03-2014, 10:03 PM
wow im not the only one it seems. the condition i have is called delayed sleep disphasia. dont know if i spelled that right. its a condition where you get proper 8hrs of sleep but your circadian rhythm is off so no matter what you do or what you take you maintain a sceduall thats way off from most people. usually the people we term as night owls have this condition or a similar condition that is pretty much the same exept with the second one you can adjust your schedual a bit where as i am stuck being a total vampire but i kindof suits me as i have a hard time dealling with people anywho

Wassie
03-04-2014, 06:00 PM
DITTO !! :)

Double ditto!

~JMW~
03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Late afternoon/evenings seems to be my best time for painting..

beegirl
03-05-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm a total night owl, everyone in my family is... that's always been the most creative and inspired time for me.. but since having a baby with the circadian rhythm of a rooster it puts a bit of a damper on my artsy time.. worth it though.

jocko500
05-05-2014, 10:45 PM
I like to start after i ate breakfast. but lot of time i can not do that as the real world get in the way. I like to sleep from 12 midnight to 8 but some times go to bed early. i been painting off and on all day today and I tried now at 8:45 and may go to bed around 10:30 or 11 to night. I got to get some paintings to a art show tomorrow and some at the gallery. So I be painting tomorrow afternoon.
I am retried so i can do what i like a lot of times. But I try to keep on a time table for sleep and eating as it best for the body and it will help lower blood pressure the nature way.
i read that Van Gogh painted like he was at work which mean he painted at lest 8 hours a day even when he did not feel like it. Him and other painters would get into it because he called them lazy as they waited to paint when they feel like it.

of course i can not do this every day as I do have to watch my dad who is 98 years out and me and my sister take one month each. Like one month is her turn and then the next is mine turn and when i watch my dad i do not have much time then.

olgadabrowska
05-06-2014, 04:34 AM
Evening mostly, that's when I have the most creative time and sketch ideas, create color palettes and generally plan ahead. Also, of course, paint but if I had a choice I would save painting sessions for very early mornings, around 5-6 AM.

Coffee Break
05-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Haha, being a mushroom sounds great. I guess I am one too.
I just always seem to function better at twilight/during the evening. I think smarter, I work faster, and I just feel better at dusk.

RickinNM
05-06-2014, 04:14 PM
My usual creative time is usually 4 hrs -5 hrs after waking up and lasts 4-8 hrs. 12-8 pm is normal time frame atm.

JimR-OCDS
05-06-2014, 04:36 PM
I usually paint after 1 PM.

Now that I'm retired, I don't do anything before noon other than watch TV. :D

Jim

Anfair
05-06-2014, 07:45 PM
I am retired so I can choose when to paint I seem to be painting from 9-11 am but once I get going I have a hard time stopping to do other things like hanging with husband or house work. I call it my happy addiction. as others described I think of art ideas late at night too.
Anne

cinderblockstudios
05-07-2014, 12:00 AM
The morning, often times before breakfast. Mostly though I just need energy and plenty of rest.