PDA

View Full Version : Welcome the Future (Honour the Past)

Heart Of Darkness
03-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Firstly, I hope its okay to post a photomanipulation here???

This was done in Photoshop CS5....I've been doing manipulations as a way to vent off some of my need to create art....normally I paint and draw traditionally, but my kids are tiring me out so much that I'm not often awake enough to get to it....one of the great things about digital art is the ability to save different versions, easily undo mistakes etc..

First up, I have to credit the providers of stock...you can also see a larger version here too http://cosmic-cherry-tree.deviantart.com/art/Welcome-The-Future-Honour-the-Past-423892151

This took more time than any other manip I've done to date. Most of the time was taken up extracting the ruins from their original background. Masking techniques merged the forest with the ruins, then the rest was mucking about with adjustment layers to match colours. Finally I desaturated, painted a few lights and shadows and here we have it.

that kinda made it sound much simpler than it was :eek:

Yikes_Scoobie
03-02-2014, 05:15 PM
:thumbsup: That's cool, I'd definitely consider photo-manipulation a part of the digital art spectrum.

Heart Of Darkness
03-02-2014, 05:19 PM
:thumbsup: That's cool, I'd definitely consider photo-manipulation a part of the digital art spectrum.

Thank you...yeah I figured the same :)

arl
03-03-2014, 05:43 AM
Photo manipulation is part of digital art. I like the lighting in this work.

Heart Of Darkness
03-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Photo manipulation is part of digital art. I like the lighting in this work.
Thank you Arlene :)

Elainepsq
03-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Yes, all digital art is welcome. Thank you for giving us some info on your process and what reference photo you used. Good photo manipulations are much more than just photos with a filter applied!

Heart Of Darkness
03-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Yes, all digital art is welcome. Thank you for giving us some info on your process and what reference photo you used. Good photo manipulations are much more than just photos with a filter applied!

Ain't that the truth....there is a lot more involved than I thought there would be when I was just learning...thank you :D

LavenderFrost
03-03-2014, 11:58 AM
That doesn't sound simple at all. Very nice image!

Heart Of Darkness
03-03-2014, 02:21 PM
That doesn't sound simple at all. Very nice image!

Thank you...I've been toying with the idea of writing a tutorial for this manip, but I can't clearly remember the steps I took...kinda made it up as I went along :lol:

b'anna
03-07-2014, 02:01 PM
fantastic work! Simple? I don't think so! Looking forward to seeing more
barb

Heart Of Darkness
03-07-2014, 05:16 PM
fantastic work! Simple? I don't think so! Looking forward to seeing more
barb

Thank you Barb :wave: