PDA

View Full Version : Painter X: How to turn off canvas textures?

Saxdragon
03-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi. I use Corel PainterX a lot. Can anyone tell me if there's a way to turn off the textures of the canvas (paper)? Or if there isn't, does anyone know what the smoothest texture is? I need something at least as smooth as smooth Bristol board.

Thanks very much.

SCB

LavenderFrost
03-02-2014, 01:35 PM
That's a good question. I always use basic paper and don't really notice any texture.

Airbrush Mel
03-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Hi Saxdragon
You could start a New document with no paper. I made some pre-sets that didn't have a paper assigned, you could try some of your pre-sets and see if you have one without a paper assigned and then modify it and save it as a pre-set how you like it. I couldn't actually get rid of a paper once I'd selected one so I had to cancel and start New again with my pre-set with no paper.

I'm new so whatever I say is only to try out and not because I know what I'm talking about software wise.

As Lavender says you can try Basic Paper or you could also try Hotpress which is supposed to be smooth like Bristol Board which I use for my actual airbrushing.

Or I saw under Effects>Apply Surface Texture - if you are still having trouble then you could mess around with the settings to try and create a neutral, smooth surface. I've not tried it.
Let us know if any of this helps and if you managed to fix it.
Cheers Mel