PDA

View Full Version : Passion Fruit

Ishka Baha
03-01-2014, 06:01 AM
Oil on Canvas 12x10

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Mar-2014/1394506-passion_fruit_1.jpg

Hairy wolf
03-01-2014, 07:49 AM
And....then the passion flares again.
Great colors!

birdhs
03-01-2014, 10:02 AM
the story of the Passionfruit flower is of Easter, almost that time again,

a painting of rising above death

tanxfersharinwidus

greggo

artbymdp
03-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Hey Nikki, just a few comments because I know you won't mind. I like the idea of passion fruit showing emotion towards each other. I just cannot feel passion with a gray background. It reminds me too much of my old boss who got excited about a new paint color, "Greige" ( a combination of Gray and Beige). I wish the fruit were placed in their natural setting. I think you would have fun with abstract leaves and branches. Also, to symbolically express the passionate connection did you consider each fruit dripping the color of the other fruit, just a thought?

Ishka Baha
03-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Thank you Artby, I did think the background colour was a bit Greige (great word). However, if I turn it to a natural setting will they not look too cute! I am not a genius at colour. The dripping idea is great. The unity of them is also meant to be in the orange dot in the middle. It doesn't come out that vibrant in the photo. You know I always appreciate your suggestions. Many thanks.

artbymdp
03-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Thank you Artby, I did think the background colour was a bit Greige (great word). However, if I turn it to a natural setting will they not look too cute! I am not a genius at colour. The dripping idea is great. The unity of them is also meant to be in the orange dot in the middle. It doesn't come out that vibrant in the photo. You know I always appreciate your suggestions. Many thanks.
I guess I was suggesting a background that would be an abstraction of their natural setting. You could keep it faint and fuzzy like Jim did with his vertigo inducing retro painting. Again just a thought.

Ishka Baha
03-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Artby, I am going back to look at Jim's vertigo painting. Wish me well with that! Many thanks.