PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scumble March 2014

Shirl Parker
03-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Scumble, our monthly chat thread where we share the happenings of our everyday lives! I hope you will all chime in and look forward to hearing about them.

:wave:

lanaballot
03-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Hello everyone! It's been a few months since I posted here, was very busy with silk painting and did not do pastels for some time, but I so much miss it. The other day though I got my Pastel Journal issue and it's all coming back to me :) I hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for spring! I'm so sick of snow here in Wisconsin!

saramathewson
03-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone,
Wow, I think it has been over a year since i have posted. i moved to NC from Southern AZ last year in Dec.(2012). i came out here to live with my boyfriend. He was gravely ill for the first 7 months and then in July had lung surgery and is much better. he has fibro too as well as many other serious health problems so in that respect, we are a good pair as we take care of each other. Our pain levels have been through the roof for most of the time i have been here though. the weather is so wet, and the pressure systems change so much that we are in constant severe pain even though we have meds we take regularly for that. I miss AZ. Of course i miss the dry air and the warmth and my friends. I am glad to be here for David and with him, because being alone with these illnesses that we have is pretty tough. because of all of this, I haven't been able to paint although I now have enough materials to do so. i'm hoping to start soon although we plan to move over to the house(we now live in the attached apartment) by April. I had to leave most everything I own back in storage because i can't afford to get it out here. I had saved up a 3rd of the cost but xmas and extra bills wiped that out so I have to start all over again. Needless to say I miss all of my art supplies. I will have the whole LR for my studio in the house though so that will be awesome! It is a nice place with lots of light. Hopefully I can start playing with my pastels soon. It will take me awhile to get where I was before and move on with my skills. but, I have been thinking about it and seeing ll the wonderful things around me that I can paint so it isn't ever far from my mind.

So, I hope everyone has been well and are happily painting away. i know it brings so much joy to me and feeds my heart and soul. Have a great month!

Sara

ncgirl
03-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Sara, welcome to NC, although the things you've had to deal with since coming here have not been pleasant to say the least. I'm a NC transplant too, and missed the west, but have learned that there's a lot to appreciate here. I completely understand the relation of pain to changing weather - nothing like being a human barometer! If you are near the Raleigh area, there's a Jerry's Artarama there, and they are always having some sort of sale, so you can start building up your art supplies again. I had to dump all my things when we moved here from Seattle, it's disheartening, but the chance to start anew is there, and I think you'll find NC a pretty cool place. It's been good to us. Also, in Raleigh, there's an open studio at Artspace every week, and they're a great group of people. Again welcome, and I hope you learn to love this place as I have and that your health and luck both improve!

Shirl Parker
03-31-2014, 11:55 PM
Time for a new chat thread. Click here. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20034848#post20034848)