PDA

View Full Version : the dragon hunters.....open for reviews and comments

pixs
02-28-2014, 08:53 PM
the dragon hunters ,,was done in corel painter x software.which i love to paint with.i did this picture because i love to draw submarines ,...manly the old ones which i call old dogs.i thing the older and rusty it looks the classier the sub gets.i hope you injoy the painting ....thank you for your reviews:) http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2014/1698863-the_dragon_hunters_-_Copy.jpg

LavenderFrost
03-01-2014, 11:35 AM
It's pretty nice but maybe could use more contrast, perhaps some light in the background to make the upper sub stand out more and a dark line where the lower sub meets the sand.

pixs
03-01-2014, 03:26 PM
i try all the effects , but when i was done this is how it look the best.
thanks for your re-ply

Leslie F.
03-01-2014, 11:56 PM
I like the way the shapes of the subs and the sharks echo one another. I do think, like Michelle, that it might have benefitted from just a little light for contrast. But what do I know? Probably there IS no light at that depth!

LavenderFrost
03-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Sometimes you need to use a little artistic licence to make a picture stand out more. But as long as you're happy with it pixs.

Elainepsq
03-03-2014, 09:14 AM
I also like the composition, but I'd like to suggest varying the color a bit. You've got lots of grey. What about some bluish grays in the background. It seems to me that bluish grays, purplish grays some variation in the water would give it a little depth.

bryn
03-05-2014, 04:49 AM
I too like colour but I suppose subs and sharks are grey. Perhaps the colour could be in the water. I used to use painter but have gone over to Photoshop.
Bryn