PDA

View Full Version : My God, what have we done

artbymdp
02-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Charcoal drawing on paper with digital color glazing. Thanks for looking.

Ishka Baha
02-14-2014, 05:40 AM
I really wasn't expecting this at all. It is probably the most moving religious painting I have ever seen. And living in Ireland believe me I have seen thousands. This is the only one that depicts the true nature of the subject as it should be. And the only one that I would hang on my wall.

levanty
02-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Interesting medium. Just curious as to what it looked like before the digital effect. Size?

artbymdp
02-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Interesting medium. Just curious as to what it looked like before the digital effect. Size?
The original charcoal drawing is about 12" x 18". I attached the initial drawing,

abstractca
02-14-2014, 12:24 PM
I like the effect, it really shows the pain he endured
wonderful piece!

Ishka Baha
02-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Artbymdp, you did a great job with the digital colour glazing but I have to say I much, much prefer your original drawing. This is a very special piece.

levanty
02-14-2014, 08:08 PM
I prefer the original as well. The effects tend to darken the eyelids and wrinkles taking away from the depth IMHO. Beautifully done!

Steeldolphin
02-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Wonderful work :)

artbymdp
02-16-2014, 02:21 PM
I like the effect, it really shows the pain he endured
wonderful piece!
Thank you for your kind words and understanding of its meaning. I wanted to create a piece that also conveys the pain that is still being endured. With all the hatred and injustice that persists I often feel we are not only betraying our God but also betraying a friend.

jimwhalen
02-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Thank you for your kind words and understanding of its meaning. I wanted to create a piece that also conveys the pain that is still being endured. With all the hatred and injustice that persists I often feel we are not only betraying our God but also betraying a friend.

I have been taking a break from commenting on the art for a short time, but I have to jump in here to say: Amen! Us preacher folk like to say, "that will preach!"