PDA

View Full Version : Started Traditionally_Ended Digitally

charliemae
02-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Did this pencil sketch (traditionally) in my sketchbook for a drawing class that I took .. then, scanned it into my computer and just played with it .. to see what I could do with a simple pencil sketch ... thanks for peeking in.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Feb-2014/334061-Traditional-To-Digital.jpg

Oban14
02-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Wow, I like this very much! What program did you use? It has a watercolor feeling to it. Love the colors.
Greetings, Oban.

charliemae
02-13-2014, 06:57 PM
The pencil sketch was scanned and the program I used was Photoshop CS6 .. which is probably my favorite or, at least the one I know the best. I also use Painter but haven't worked in Painter as long as I have in PS. Thanks bunches. ... also changed the Hue/Saturation and I kinda liked it in purple/blues ... in any case, I love to take my traditional work and then play with it digitally. Thanks Oban! .. oh, and the "watercolor" feel? .. I have a smudge brush in PS that I use a lot and it gives a great feel of watercolor as far as creating things that look like runs and stuff .. I also just make watercolor strokes on watercolor paper .. scan it in .. and then use it as a overlay and mask out the areas where I don't want the effect. Sometimes, I may use 3 or 4 different watercolor layers .. with different blend modes on each layer.

Kezulos
02-13-2014, 10:32 PM
Coloring is fantastic! Great work :D

LavenderFrost
02-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Very nice, both in pencil and in colour. The dragonfly is a nice touch.

Lucy-Foote
02-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Very nicely done,, and I like the penciled one the best. The hairs show I up
well.:)

Lucyhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2014/70668-a_Foote_icon_sm.JPG

b'anna
02-15-2014, 07:12 PM
I love how you handled this. Both are great in their own right. The pencil sketch is just superb. And the digital just has so much character and color and is just plain fun!
Great job!
Barb

arl
02-17-2014, 06:52 AM
I love both works and the capture of texture. The color is wonderful and expressive.