PDA

View Full Version : Making figures in Poser to use in..?

Batman55
02-11-2014, 05:05 AM
My aim is this: to create a single, stationary (no animation) 3D scene with one or more people/figures, with realistic shadows. User-friendly and easy to learn programs are a must, anything with a steep learning curve is out, I'm just too dense and slow to wrap my head around it. So that means Blender, at least, will not work for me.

I just got Poser 2014, which is fairly easy to use and comes with a lot of built-in figures that I can fool around with. However, I am not so impressed when it comes to scenes, textures, materials. It seems that the program makes it hard for you to fool around with floors, walls, materials, and so on. (Or perhaps it does have enough functionality for this purpose.. I just haven't gotten there yet?)

One idea I had is to place a Poser figure into a pre-existing photograph. The difficulty with such a thing is at least two-fold: one, how to place the feet properly onto the floor, and two, the lighting/shadows. I think it might be hard to do that within Poser itself, am I right? I don't have Photoshop, although I do have GIMP. Does anyone have any ideas for me? What programs can I export Poser figures from with the quality and smoothness intact?

Thanks again!

Batman55
02-12-2014, 02:24 AM
Okay then.. I'll try to simplify it more.

What program is good for creating a 3D scene with a 3D person in it?

gigih
02-12-2014, 02:34 PM
personally i use daz studio and bryce 7 pro. i can pose my figures in daz and then export them right into bryce. In Bryce I compose all the landscaping and lighting.
this way you are placing a 3d model into a 3d scene as compared to placing a 3
d model in front of a photograph.
the learning curve is about the same as for poser.
exporting poser into bryce is very hard, but daz studio to bryce is one click. most people will import poser models into Vue.
for more info go to the daz3d website, www.daz3d.com i think studio 4.6 is free, not sure about bryce.

MvdLinden
02-12-2014, 10:40 PM
you might try carrara :[URL="http://www.daz3d.com/products/carrara/carrara-what-is-carrara"]

Batman55
02-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the input folks!