PDA

View Full Version : Mallet

Ishka Baha
02-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Oil on canvas. Inspired by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros fantastic concert.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Feb-2014/1394506-wip_mallet.jpg

Life is hard.
It's getting lost and getting found
To growing up and getting round
It's feeling silence, feeling sound
It's feeling lonely, feeling full
It's feeling,
oh so beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFL_dJnGato

abstractca
02-10-2014, 08:13 PM
very cool!

birdhs
02-10-2014, 10:26 PM
"Inspired by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros fantastic concert."
no idea who they are, will yuotube them in the AM

been painting all night, just finished cleaning the brusheshes....
my initial reaction was a'paintbrush head' girl-
hey that could be the name of a rock band...

I like this, nice addition to the family

greggo

Ishka Baha
02-11-2014, 05:41 AM
Thank you guys. It was an absolutely amazing concert. I painted a hundred paintings in my head - they were incredibly inspiring.

birdhs
02-11-2014, 08:07 AM
Who needs a PR agent when they have you as a fan?

Ishka Baha
02-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Birdhs, it is amazing you know that when one is totally inspired one can do just about anything. I have learnt so much from being on this site and I have also been greatly inspired by all the work that has been posted on WC since I joined in October. People are inspiring, art is inspiring, music is inspiring, in fact everything in life is inspiring. Even hair can be inspiring.

A blue haze of hair:
When I came out of the hotel in a pretty dazed state wishing I had had a pair of sunglasses to cool down the glare of the morning sun - low and behold - I saw an apparition. A girl with the brightest blue hair you have ever seen. Honestly, it was totally psychedelic.

I will eventually make her hair a lot lighter but for now she is in the shade.

Ishka Baha
02-11-2014, 05:21 PM
I don't know if she is missing something or if the perspectives are right or if it is lacking in composition. So if anybody has any suggestions I am very open to them.

You never stop learning.

artbymdp
02-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Hey Nikki, Another unexpected interpretation. I would suggest that you send the group an image of your inspired work. Who knows? You are very prolific lately. If you like Edward Sharpe, you might also like the Nationals.

Ishka Baha
02-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Thank you Artbymdp, I do really like the Nationals. Music fills my heart, my soul and my feet. I'm prolific - believe me I was told I was classic. But I just never got round to asking what kind of Classic I was. Perhaps Les Miserables with a mallet on my head and a splinter on my foot. It doesn't get much better than that.

theopticnerve
02-13-2014, 05:17 PM
I love when it does the robot

Eraethil
02-18-2014, 08:14 PM
It has an edge that comes from its inspiration. Hard to express, but I connected with it as a freshness, a newness. Sorry the words aren't ready to come out effectively this afternoon. I like it a lot.

Cheers,

Ishka Baha
02-19-2014, 04:02 PM
You know Rick your comments couldn't have been more spot on. It was painted for a friend that was with me at the concert who I have known for over 30 years. A very special platonic friendship that could never be broken even when mallets fly and thorns blister we are always there for each other. The freshness and newness of our friendship was just re-iterated all over again after music filled both our hearts and souls. What a beautiful night.