PDA

View Full Version : What is the most proffessional Canvas to use?

Gsell
02-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I have been purchasing my Canvas' from Hobby Lobby and just curious if I am buying the right ones when it comes to selling my paintings?

I usually get Master Touch 30 X 40 double primed canvas'.

fruitcke
02-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Sorry I haven't a clue,as I paint on watercolor paper.
I'm sure there must be somebody on here who can have the answer to your question

Gsell
02-12-2014, 10:55 PM
thank you

ChristyQ
02-13-2014, 01:17 AM
What is the depth? Where do you want to sell them? If you plan on going through a gallery they usually want the non gallery wrapped canvases framed. I have read that store bought canvases make you look unprofessional, but I have seen professional artists sell their work painted on prestretched canvas. I have sold a few pieces that are on the 16" x 20" x 5/8" store bought canvas.

jocko500
02-13-2014, 02:49 AM
I buy from there and even bought some watercolor canvas to paint on it good for arycle also. differ type of surface but it is smooth with watercolor teeth.
I bought online also. still looking and I coming to see why the pros like to do they own canvas I read in the magazines. The ones that is pre done have defaults in them that I have to fix sometimes. The plastic wrap hid them sometimes and I do not see them in till I take off the wrapping paper

cinderblockstudios
02-16-2014, 11:08 AM
For regular cotton duck or linen you'll want to look for words like "Renaissance" and "Master's" with fine and smooth textures. But if you want to go really professional start learning to stretch your own canvases.