PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing 3 paintings to submit to a juried print website

tarakat
02-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone,
I want to submit 3 of my best pieces to an online print site. If accepted, they will showcase my work and sell prints. The problem is, I don't know which 3 to submit.
So, I was wondering if you all could give me some feedback on my art and help me choose my strongest piece?
Which piece do you think is strongest/best/most impactful from my website?

Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.tarasullivan.com

Elainepsq
02-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Wow, that's a tough question. I generally think in these situations, that it's best to show 3 very different pieces. If you submit 3 of the same type they will be quick to assume that all of your work is in that style and it may not be to their liking or the criteria they are looking for. I think that showing a broader scope of work will give you a better chance of appealing to the decision maker, when you really don't know what they taste, or criteria is.

Hope that helps.

pedlars pen
02-11-2014, 05:19 AM
For me definitely -Tigerman, Contemplating the afterlife & In the garden because they are strong & interesting & the the most widely appealing PLUS ( don't forget) they'd look best on the wall .

LavenderFrost
02-11-2014, 12:44 PM
It's hard to say but two I would choose would be Tigerman and Planetmind.

tarakat
02-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Great thanks for the feedback.