PDA

View Full Version : In Halting Progress

humanguy
02-04-2014, 11:09 PM
There has been a lot of almost unbelievably good stuff posted here recently, but I'm going to show this anyway.

I really want to do something to this. It needs something doing to it. I've been staring at for almost a month, getting more and more afraid to touch it.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd336/Jnorem/photo2x_zpsaea40943.jpg

Hairy wolf
02-05-2014, 04:51 AM
This is powerful already.

trufflecat
02-05-2014, 11:49 AM
I think this has real possibilities. I like the black and red parts especially. If you agree, then you could try emphasizing that area even more by moving the rest of the painting further into the background, e.g. with a more uniform color and value. As it is now, the white in particular jumps out. Also, the thin lines that look a bit like pencil lines in the upper left - I'm not sure what they add to it. You might want to make those more definitive to integrate more into the whole. Just some thoughts. Keep going!

abstractca
02-05-2014, 03:16 PM
what is the title?

Katie Black
02-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Hi Jay, With some of my paintings I will go at it furiously, instinctively, stopping to review it for a day or so before I start to "put the pieces together"........ this is where I feel your at right now.

Poss ideas....More light green, stronger "scribbles", more Turquoise

Not sure that's helped, but do keep at it! :)

humanguy
02-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Hairy wolf, thank you very much for that compliment.

trufflecat, you gave me some very positive suggestions. As to the pencil lines, that's exactly what they are, and I do intend to bring them out more, either with charcoal or pastel. I see what you mean about the black and red parts, which is more for me to ponder. Thanks for the advice.

abstractca, this painting hasn't told me the title yet. I always know something is close to being finished when it reveals its name to me.

Katie, yes I see the light green, and definitely more mark-making. Turquoise, eh?

I do appreciate all comments and suggestions, it's why I'm here, friends.

aquabone
02-07-2014, 03:54 PM
diggin' it so far!
:thumbsup:

aquabone.

Ishka Baha
02-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Definitely a thumbs up.

humanguy
02-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks Nikki, thanks aquabone.