PDA

View Full Version : New Work

Spottters
02-04-2014, 06:49 PM
I am excited about the newest painting I completed....I have been thinking about doing something like this for awhile, this is my first small practice piece before I move on to a bigger canvas....

12X12X2

Let me know what you think...C and C requested and welcomed

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Feb-2014/984009-Untitled_12X12X2_Encausticbord_2_4_2013.jpg

Katie Black
02-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Hi, I like the concept, and I like that each side is quite different..I think if the dividing line was less perfect, more organic, this would then support the rest of the painting. Also I think I would like to see the line less dominant...possibly in a slightly more subdued colour, like the greens you have already used, or even green on top with the yellow slightly showing through....it would then integrate more into the painting, and yet still separate...some ideas!

Spottters
02-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Thanks Katie - I appreciate the feedback and critique. I can't really change the shape of the line at this point ( at least not easily) but color I can. Will experiment and see what happens.

trufflecat
02-05-2014, 11:27 AM
I agree with Katie, that somehow the straight line is jarring in an otherwise 'organic' and flowing work. It IS interesting what you've done with the two sides being so different. I look forward to more!