PDA

View Full Version : LIGHTHEARTED WIP The Widow's Walk xpost from contemporary

artbymdp
02-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I completed 8 of 9 paintings from my narrative series, LIGHTHEARTED. This piece is the eighth stage of Love, "Separation". Each painting is acrylic on paper. Comments welcomed and thanks for looking.

Charlie's Mum
02-03-2014, 01:00 PM
I like this series!
Are they in order above? Wondered about the placement of Bonding?

I think I understand this last one :lol:

Keri Howie
02-03-2014, 01:57 PM
I am drawn in by your work. Very strong symbolism.. I may not fully understand it, but i do feel it. On a technical note, I love your bold application of color and strong brushwork.

LavenderFrost
02-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Very interesting textures.

susme48
02-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Quite interesting...I like seeing them together!

artbymdp
02-03-2014, 06:07 PM
I like this series!
Are they in order above? Wondered about the placement of Bonding?

I think I understand this last one :lol:
Thanks. They are in order. Stage of Love:"Bonding" is that period in life when the children are on their own (empty nests) and past mistakes are forgiven or no longer relevant (fish skeletons). The couple is getting older (golden autumn colors)and they are more dependent upon each other for emotional and physical support. Allowing me to infer, I have known older couples whose lives were no longer defined by their children, by their careers or by their possessions. They were defined by their love for each other. For me that is the difference between "union" and "bonding".

KarinaRose
02-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Oooh I love these, very fun! And such storytelling. Interesting compositions - very dynamic!

artbymdp
02-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Hey everyone, your comments and thoughts are appreciated. I gave myself several months to develop this series which is much longer than I normally spend on paintings. I am happy with the outcome and personally am surprised how different the final paintings are compared to the initial sketches. I guess the added time allowed me to dwell on the images. I am now working on text which will guide the viewer through the story. Thanks again.