GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Point Pinos Light House
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 11x14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is my 2nd attempt at watercolor painting. I did it from a photo, but it was taken on a very cloudy dreary day, so I had a hard time adding "atmosphere." The photo had a really flat feeling to it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any feedback on how to improve this painting would be greatly appreciated. Don't worry about hurting my feelings....I want to learn and improve, so please don't hold back.

PablosDream
09-22-2003, 07:24 PM
I think the house looks really good. There's nothing i would shange about it, but if i were you i'd work more on the trees. They don't match the quality of the house. But over all it's a really nice painting, the sky is beautiful.

Spyderbabe
09-22-2003, 08:02 PM
I agree with Sooner Ash. It can be very hard to 'fix' watercolor... you could try the next best thing - crop! Try moving a mat around on the art and see what you can do without..save the lovely house!

Unbeliever
09-25-2003, 03:02 AM
lovely
lighthouse renders well
do another one
and another
and more still

bloodjelly
09-25-2003, 05:13 AM
I agree also about the tree but it looks great otherwise, and I'd like to see some more of your stuff!

bobsart
09-25-2003, 09:55 AM
Hey Ashley..........You've touched my heart!...A litehouse!!!! My favorite structure to render. Other than the tree previously mentioned, the only problem I see is the perspective on the front porch is a tad askew from the perspective of the house. ..bob:) :)