PDA

View Full Version : Getting There

nnelson1
06-27-2001, 12:03 PM
Landscape rendered in Terragen, stock Nasa photo, Photoshop 6.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jun-2001/gettingthere.jpg

Pasted astronaut into Terragen landscape, then used paint brush with a color blending mode to adjust the reflection in his head. Blurred landscape a little for depth.

Nick

Shehaub
06-27-2001, 01:48 PM
Hey.. Nice work.

The shadows are always the enemy when making merged work. Looks like you have a very close match here. The shadows on his legs pretty closely match the shadows on the water. Did you work that over or was that pure luck?

He looks like hes about to step out of that and come jump in to "reality". I dont know if you intended it, but those mountains on my left are creating an angle that is pointing right at his helmet.

nnelson1
06-27-2001, 03:16 PM
The shadows were the result of a little searching. I had rendered the landscape first, so I knew which direction the sun was coming. It was fairly easy to go to NASA and get a pic which shadows that were close.

The pointing of the mountain was on purpose. All those years of design classes at art school! :D

This was fun and mainly just and exercise at compositing. May print this out on my new Epson 1270 and hang it on my wall!

Nick

Shehaub
06-27-2001, 09:45 PM
Ok.. now I am waaay envious. That is the printer I have been eyeballing. Hopefully after we get done doing the school clothes shopping there will be some spare cash.

digistyle
06-27-2001, 10:50 PM
Well done, O Creator of Worlds!!

digistyle

nnelson1
06-28-2001, 10:38 AM
for the comments. I appreciate getting opinions from other digiheads. Terragen is a neat program and yeild very realistic results. Just make sure you have it designed the way you want. Then, set it to render and go to bed. Maybe it'll be done in the morning! :D

Shehaub: Epson 1270's $269.00 brand new at pcstop.com

Nick

Shehaub
06-28-2001, 02:29 PM
I sure am glad my hubby never comes here to see you tempt me like this.. lol.