PDA

View Full Version : Vase of flowers

karenmain70
01-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Feel free to provide feedback.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jan-2014/1700055-image.jpg

Paulafv
01-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Lovely choice of colors which complement each other. This reminds me of a tree against a fall background of trees. Interesting.

karenmain70
01-24-2014, 10:10 PM
Thank you Paula. I was trying a different technique from my norm. Trying to branch out and I love to experiment. I got a lot of great reviews on Facebook. I see things I would change if I decide to repaint it someday.

Karen

Charlie's Mum
01-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the forum Karen.
When you post, please also say size, medium and support (paper here?)

I like the colours, in the main, but they, and the busy brushwork of the background do tend to swamp the flowers.
Consider how to make the focal point - your flowers - grab the attention ... you want a b/g which compliments but doesn't compete.:)

Lea51
01-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of helpful people here, especially when you ask for input!

Nice, bright flowers, but I'm having a hard time determining where the bouquet leaves off and the background begins because of the similarity of the brushstrokes and colors.

Also, all the flowers are kind of pointing in the same direction...a little variety here would be better, since flowers generally don't all face the exact same way.