PDA

View Full Version : LIGHTHEARTED WIP Empty Nests

artbymdp
01-23-2014, 01:37 PM
I have completed 7 of 9 narrative paintings. This latest painting (acrylic on paper) is the seventh stage of Love, "Bonding". It is viewed as that stage in life when a couple gets old and put all differences behind them, becoming almost inseparable from each other. Thanks for looking.

gulden
01-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Wonderful!

Ishka Baha
01-23-2014, 02:21 PM
This one is very different from the others in the series. Your colour choice depicting romance is exceptional. This series just gets better and better. Your biggest fan just walked in (my daughter) and said it was amazing and how sad it was that the storm had battered the lighthouse and had killed the birds and fish.

davefriend
01-23-2014, 02:26 PM
I cannot believe how each new piece of your work is so interesting and even profound (at least to my little mind). Extremely interesting, by it self and especially in context with the rest of your series.

I saw the empty nest reference but was sorry I didn't see the nesters and at first became saddened by the fish skeletons. I guess the nesters are out RV'ing the country or maybe cruising around the world, getting to know each other again? Then again with time all their own maybe inside snuggling ;)

Vertical format again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

artbymdp
01-23-2014, 02:39 PM
I cannot believe how each new piece of your work is so interesting and even profound (at least to my little mind). Extremely interesting, by it self and especially in context with the rest of your series.

I saw the empty nest reference but was sorry I didn't see the nesters and at first became saddened by the fish skeletons. I guess the nesters are out RV'ing the country or maybe cruising around the world, getting to know each other again? Then again with time all their own maybe inside snuggling ;)

Vertical format again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Dave, Thanks. When viewing the narrative it is important to keep in mind that the two main (metaphorical)characters are the Lighthouse and the Cottage. The objects and settings around them are supporting symbolic characters. The "fish in the sea" represent the old girlfriends of the Lighthouse. When the fish appear, they are revealing a specific aspect of the story. The empty nests in this latest painting are symbolic of that phase in life. The empty nesters in this image continue to be the old Lighthouse and Cottage. I would be happy to explain any other aspects of the story.

artbymdp
01-23-2014, 02:48 PM
This one is very different from the others in the series. Your colour choice depicting romance is exceptional. This series just gets better and better. Your biggest fan just walked in (my daughter) and said it was amazing and how sad it was that the storm had battered the lighthouse and had killed the birds and fish.

Hey Nikki, Thanks. I thought it would be appropriate, given the age of the characters, to have the painting depict a golden autumn color. Thank your daughter for interpreting the work. I bet you two make a great team when you are working on one of your magical paintings. If it is any consolation to your daughter, although the fish are dead, the birds are doing fine. They simply left the nest.

birdhs
01-23-2014, 03:48 PM
These will also be very viable as a set of fine art prints, something I would certainly enjoy owning ....

can't really say anything specific, just enjoying the concept and perfect execution

tanxaholelotsfersharinannuderwidus

greggo

Spottters
01-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Very Good work....really enjoyed the thinking about / looking at aspect of the painting...

trufflecat
01-23-2014, 03:57 PM
Amazing! Such imagination!

jimwhalen
01-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Incredible imagination, great technique, wonderful imagery, intriguing symbolism; you just keep delivering the goods!

abstractca
01-24-2014, 10:45 AM
I really like the last piece...the concept is wonderful

artbymdp
01-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks everyone for your inspiring words.

dennylives1
01-25-2014, 01:34 PM
love it can i buy a house next door, i want to live in that world

Steeldolphin
01-25-2014, 02:44 PM
I find these wonderful, colourful, and inspiring. Incredible work.

artbymdp
01-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Hey everyone, thanks again for all the positive comments. I finally completed the last two preliminary sketches along with the text. I hope to have the project finished within a month.

JoeZero
01-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Great job. While I can't tell if it's texture or painted in, the hill/cliff makes me want to touch the painting to investigate. HA!

artbymdp
01-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Great job. While I can't tell if it's texture or painted in, the hill/cliff makes me want to touch the painting to investigate. HA!

Thanks. The paint is textured, especially at the hill. I am often told that my painted panels which are displayed in public and have the same texturing are often rubbed since their tactile surface is so inviting.