PDA

View Full Version : Jekyll Beach Morning

Ginette
09-22-2003, 12:49 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-22-2003/4946_JekyllBeachMorningT.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-22-2003/4946_JekyllBeachMorningM.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Jekyll Beach Morning
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 30x40
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Another large one.
Looks better in person.
Oh well...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything!?
I don't consider it finished.

Spyderbabe
09-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Wishing I was there .... maybe it's my monitor but the photo looks a little out of focus... one thing that jumps out at me is the lower flock of birds, they seem to be lined up on the edge of the cloud and as large (or is it dark?) as the top flock which may be nearer to us. Once again, it's probably my monitor but the water appears very blue and the beach very peachy. Nice shoreline and horizon!

Ginette
09-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks for your comments.

I don't really know what to say as far as the colors I mean. It's always hard to know what the other person sees with different monitor settings, contrast RGB settings etc.

Doesn't look too blue on my screen, but then again, I wish I knew what it looks like on most other screens.

I have another computer and it looks pretty much the same mayber a little brighter on that one, they are both set and configured using ADOBE Gamma Wizard.

My only measure is that the paintings I sell via the net seem to look like the original, because I had nobody every say the look different.

I will put a thin white glaze over the second lower row of birds after they dried a bit. That will set them back a little.

Ginette

TScottDove
09-23-2003, 11:13 AM
The intense color makes me think of the hand-painted postcards of the 1930s and 40s. Love that.

Hard for me to determine where I am - am i looking at a beach in the distance (as if I am on a cliff or balcony etc) which would mean these are large dunes or am I standing ON a rather narrow beach?

pero lane
09-23-2003, 11:42 AM
The image seems a little fuzzy on my moniter too...but I can still see how really great it is!:)

Ginette
09-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by TScottDove
The intense color makes me think of the hand-painted postcards of the 1930s and 40s. Love that.

Hard for me to determine where I am - am i looking at a beach in the distance (as if I am on a cliff or balcony etc) which would mean these are large dunes or am I standing ON a rather narrow beach?

Thanks Scott...

The scale issue is a good point.
It's supposed to be large dunes.
Maybe I hould paint something in that would give a better ref to scale.

There were a few chairs on the beach and people walking but I really wanted to paint something wihtout human traces.

Ginette

Ginette

Ginette
09-23-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by pero lane
The image seems a little fuzzy on my moniter too...but I can still see how really great it is!:)

The larger the image the worse the resolution. I'll re take the picture when I'm finished with it. Thanks Pat.

Ginette

Unbeliever
09-25-2003, 02:56 AM
wet
smudge
the pink and the blue