PDA

View Full Version : September Schizachryium - a Monochrome

Artyczar
01-21-2014, 12:17 AM
cmorford's "Goldfish" inspired me to post this older monochrome I did some years back. In fact, it was a good thing that I was reminded of it because I discovered that it wasn't even showing on my website!

So thanks cmorford! :wave:

This one is called September Schizachryium. It is 24 x 24 inches. Oil and scrap pattern paper on canvas.

Now, you pronounce that "skiz-ah-KEER-ee-um" and it is just the scientific name for any number of genus of tall, prairie grasses.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2014/24237-september.jpg

davefriend
01-21-2014, 01:01 AM
I love these warm tones and vertical texture. This is soooo different from what I am accustomed to seeing from you arty. :confused: Unlike much of what I have seen of your artwork, this would be hard for me, on it's own, to identify you as the artist ...still I like it. :wink2:

Every once in a while I come across a work that never became public too which is surprising because they are all like children to me - I guess they become orphans or at least neglected children for a time. :(

jimwhalen
01-21-2014, 06:34 AM
Like Dave, I would not recognize this as your work. That said, I like the the vertical lines and texture and color.

birdhs
01-21-2014, 07:49 AM
hammered gold leaf sheets..booterfool!

tanxfersharinwidus

greggo

trufflecat
01-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Nice! Love the warmth and the softness of it.

Ishka Baha
01-21-2014, 04:38 PM
I really like this one.

Artyczar
01-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Dave: Thanks! I really loved working in these colors too, and creating the texture. I know it is very different from what you have seen from me, but this is from way, way back. It's eight years old, or older. It was even quite different from then too, but it was a nice complimentary piece for the others I was doing at that time.

Jim: Thank you too!

Greggo: I love the strange language you speak. Thanks for the compliments.

trufflecat and nikkipod: Thank you both very much.

I have been going over some of my very old work because of the process I used to have and I am incorporating my new process on top of it. It's been a really interesting experiment. I will post a finished piece today. Thanks for looking everyone. :)

abstractca
01-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Well done smooth transition!

cmorford
01-21-2014, 09:34 PM
You're welcome, Arty!

Really cool...I love this!

Katie Black
01-22-2014, 03:03 PM
I nearly needed my sunglasses on to look at this!...lovely strong vibrant colour...I really like it a lot.