GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Makeup
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I've been trying to get this pastel right for a while...not too sure what to think of it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments welcome...just wondering what anyone thinks.

TScottDove
09-22-2003, 01:49 AM
your rendering is quiet nice - especially the reflection in the compact! next time I'd maybe make everything larger to fill the page a bit more

Dyin
09-22-2003, 01:51 AM
unusual stilllife...you should come to the pastel forum...would get lots of views and comments...I think the material has more drama than the objects...and not sure what the focal point is...but it's rendered very nicely, detail wise...

designditz
09-22-2003, 02:27 AM
I like it.. agreee on the rendering ..very well done.. I would try and focus on 1 item and have the others kind of support it..maybe the lipstick.. well done comp just a tad vague,

GlitterBunny
09-22-2003, 01:45 PM
your rendering is quiet nice - especially the reflection in the compact! next time I'd maybe make everything larger to fill the page a bit more
Thanks TScottDove, ...thanks for the nice comment, I'll definetely make the objects larger next time(I'm not too sure how to rework a pastel, to increase size of objects! I could do color and textures but still haven't learned all the tricks for this medium!) Working on a new pastel with tools..they're much larger this time!:D

unusual stilllife...you should come to the pastel forum...would get lots of views and comments...I think the material has more drama than the objects...
I would try and focus on 1 item and have the others kind of support it..maybe the lipstick..
Hi Dyin and Sarah, Thanks for your comments! I'll check out the pastel forum too, wasn't sure if you post work there for comment or just in here. You may be right about the material vs. the objects, I really just grabbed a bunch of stuff and started to draw, just wanted to see how real I could get the objects, I guess I should work on composition too!:D