PDA

View Full Version : Night Wind - WIP Diary has begun

Shehaub
06-27-2001, 05:20 AM
Hi Everyone. It has been a few days since I could actually spend enough time on the boards to post anything. I have, however, been working on my next piece. I had quite a few false starts on just getting the composition together. (I think this is number 4)Now that I think I am actually going to be able to go with this one, I am ready to toss you the link.. lol.

http://shehaub.haubworld.org/nw1.html

They took down Elfwood, so my dream of getting a decent gallery together for a public display is kind of lost at the moment. (Ironically, I applied the day before they shut down too. Just my luck!) I dont feel capable of handling the quality work needed for Epilogue, so I am a little lost as to what I will do with my "collection". Do you guys have any suggestions?

MadHatter
06-27-2001, 09:13 AM
Wow, I like this piece! The background and fluttering flags are excellent, very pretty, I can't wait to see a finished version!:clap:

dhenton
06-27-2001, 12:42 PM
Very detailed info! Thanks for going to all the trouble. I've wondered about how people do those PS type pictures. Now I will have an idea.

Yes indeed, Lothlorien looks deader than a doornail. From what I could tell, the folks in charge get a lot of flak, just for working like dogs and not getting paid, so they may be just blowing off steam and will re-emerge eventually.

It would be a horrible loss to anyone involved in amateur art and fantasy.

Cuddles!
06-27-2001, 08:41 PM
You're already there.

Thanks for posting that landscape link. Got anymore like it? I'd love to find one that tells one how to lay out interior details of a room to give the picture depth.

I hate to pick non-artistic nits, but there's no "a" in "consistency."

Thanks for the nice critique of my most recent post. Alas, I am my own toughest critic.

Cuddles!

Ron.

digistyle
06-27-2001, 11:00 PM
You're progressing by leaps & bounds!! I'm not familiar with Epilogue, but at this rate, you'll be posting there in no time.

digistyle

Shehaub
07-04-2001, 05:42 AM
Geez.. this took me forever to do. Instead of getting faster, I think I got slower. Hopefully the next one will go a little faster since shes mostly going to be fabric and leather. Metal is not easy.

My biggest worry is that she resembles the last girl I did so they look like half sisters... what do you guys think?

uggh.. she doesn't have tha black ring under her armor on the large one.

digistyle
07-06-2001, 06:05 PM
I love the book and table. They look like they could have been rendered out of a 3D program. The sigil and chains are a nice touch.

Observation: I think she looks a bit like you in your tiny head photo. Intentional or just my imagination?

One tiny crit: Personally, I'd like to see the sword blade a bit more burnished. I think it gets lost in the cape and armor.

Great job, looking forward to the third in the series.

digistyle

Shehaub
07-08-2001, 05:10 PM
Digistyle.. thanks for the crit. I look at these things so long, sometimes I cant see the forest for the trees. I appreciate any "fix it" help I can get. I am going to go play with that sword just a little.

I used my daughters facial features as a guide on her face. (all three actually) Shes a redhead and has about the coloring in her skin and such that I needed to fit these characters. So if she looks like me its because my daughter looks a lot like her mom :D It wasnt intentional, but she likes to claim that Evening Breeze is actually her when she grows up to be a princess.