PDA

View Full Version : Mortuary Temple

sherville
06-27-2001, 03:20 AM
Hi everyone :)
It's been a long time since I last posted in this forum - mainly because of lazyness :D
Anyway, I finally got motivated and decided to create something based on my favourite subject - Ancient Egypt!
This is based on a photo of Ramesses III's Mortuary Temple but I changed the lighting and the wall paintings to make it more dramatic.
Created on 3D Studio Max R3.
Please tell me what you think :)

-- I've just noticed that for some reason when I upload this image it looks darker here than it really is on my desktop... weird. Some detail on the wall is missing, plus the roof is now in total darkness, I will try to find out the problem. --

Epicurea
06-27-2001, 08:48 PM
I've had a similar problem before, with uploading darkening the image. I like this. Very atmospheric, even with the loss of detail.

Cassandra

digistyle
06-27-2001, 10:55 PM
This is nice piece. Are you planning to do me more shots of the interior or exterior?

digistyle

sherville
06-28-2001, 06:43 AM
Nah, I'm not going to do anything else with this temple. There isn't anything else to this temple other than what you can see, I only made this one room. :)

I'm working on more Ancient Egyptian stuff. One is a room of a Viziers house and the other will be the Entrance to the Temple of the Aton.

Thanks for looking, Cassandra & Digi. :)

nnelson1
06-28-2001, 01:28 PM
I've missed your posts. Good to have you back!

Nick

sherville
06-29-2001, 06:36 AM
I think I have only posted in this forum once or twice before, but thanks anyway! :) :D