PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scumble January 2014

Shirl Parker
12-31-2013, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Scumble, our monthly chat thread where we share the happenings of our everyday lives! I hope you will all chime in and look forward to hearing about them.

:wave:

Happy New Year :thumbsup:

robertsloan2
01-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Purr! Happy to come in and make the first post, even if it's not midnight yet here on the West Coast. It's about 8:30pm. But it'll be midnight soon and I might stay up for it this year.

I hope everyone's having a good time, whether y'all go out to parties or stay home and relax. Ari is having himself a little snack.

CM Neidhofer
01-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

This was supposed to be a brand new start for me this year. New, clearer, vision, I've lost weight...down two pants sizes now! But...on Christmas, I was sitting in my desk chair. I leaned over the arm of the chair to pick something up off the floor. I felt/heard something "pop" in my side. Didn't think too much of it at the time. As the days went on, it started to hurt more and more. Couldn't take a deep breath, cough or sneeze without major pain. I went to work Monday morning and had to leave before I was there even an hour. The pain was making me nauseous. Went to the clinic on Tuesday morning. Nothing is broken, but Doc says I popped a cartilage off of a rib. Said I'd been better off if I had broken the rib. That would take about 6-8 weeks to heal. This is going to take 6-8 months! Sooo...I ice it for 20 minutes as often as possible, three ibuprofen three times a day and wearing a rib belt to work.

I was wondering what this next upcoming birthday was going to bring, and here we have it! Hope it heals before summer and the 95 degree weather again! That elastic rib thing is HOT!! lol

Anyway, the Christmas tree is coming down tonight or tomorrow and then I'll my studio space back and I can once again get back to my art at least.

Hope everyone else had happy, healthy and productive holidays!

Sarah Rose
01-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Ugh, my husband did something like that to a rib once and it did take awhile, but he is a slow healer.

Robert, did you stay up? I did but not on purpose, was reading and someone in the neighborhood shot off some fireworks. Horrified the cats, who shot off the bed to hide!

getdusty
01-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Happy New Year to all!
Christine, so sorry to hear that. Isn't it amazing how doing some random movement can have such painful consequences? Hoping your "heal time" is shorter than expected.
Just finished shoveling out from yesterday's storm. Lots of drifting, think we got about 8 inches. I'm done with this! I WANT SPRING! (Do you think Mother Nature could hear that? I "shouted" just for her.) Decorations are down and put away. (Took down the outside lights in prep for the storm, although I would usually leave them up a bit longer)
Hope all are well.

CM Neidhofer
01-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Happy New Year to all!
Christine, so sorry to hear that. Isn't it amazing how doing some random movement can have such painful consequences? Hoping your "heal time" is shorter than expected.
Just finished shoveling out from yesterday's storm. Lots of drifting, think we got about 8 inches. I'm done with this! I WANT SPRING! (Do you think Mother Nature could hear that? I "shouted" just for her.) Decorations are down and put away. (Took down the outside lights in prep for the storm, although I would usually leave them up a bit longer)
Hope all are well.

My side is all healed. Don't think it was a rib at all. Think I just bruised a muscle.

CM Neidhofer
01-20-2014, 01:35 PM
One happy, happy granddaughter! She just got her ears pierced Friday and didn't cry one bit. What a big girl now!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2014/40633-Saundra_1-19-14.jpg

CM Neidhofer
01-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Had my final check on my second cataract surgery this morning. Everything's great! Just need a routine exam now to see if I need glasses yet or just reading glasses. Sooo happy!!

getdusty
01-23-2014, 02:02 PM
So glad to hear that Christine! Your granddaughter is beautiful (and a princesses fan, I see).

CM Neidhofer
01-23-2014, 02:27 PM
So glad to hear that Christine! Your granddaughter is beautiful (and a princesses fan, I see).

Definitely a princess fan! Her daddy, my son, works for Disneyworld as an IT tech. Snow White autographed a pic for my son to give her. OMG, she was sooooo excited!! lol

DBfarmgirl
01-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Hello All
Hope everyone is well.

I'm sort of out of commission for a while. I ended up with eye surgury on the 17th for severe asteroid hyalosis. I have had problems with my vision for years. The inside of my eye looks like a snow globe, to me it's like looking through a black lace curtian that moves all the time. I had been told for years the surgury was too dangerous and I would have to live with it. It was hard to see details when I paint.

A month ago my eye doctor refered me to an eye surgeon. "oh yeah, we can fix that" My vision is still clearing and they're keeping my pupil dilated until it's healed (extreme glare and no closeup vision for now). It has been the answer to my prayers.

I still need the other eye done, but the surgury wasn't that bad. twilight anestesia, not a lot of pain, took an hour for surgury. there was a chance of a detatched retina but I managed to avoid that. My son says I have a Zombie eye. it is red and ugly for now.

Well the sun is coming over the mountian so I need to get to the dark side of the house (I'm a mushroom for now). just thought I'd drop and and share my wonderful news.

getdusty
01-24-2014, 11:06 AM
So happy the surgery went well. I had a cousin who was blind in one eye because of an accident when he was young. In his mid 70s he went to a doc who said "we can fix that", had the surgery and could see. Amazing the progress they've made.

CM Neidhofer
01-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Hello All
Hope everyone is well.

I'm sort of out of commission for a while. I ended up with eye surgury on the 17th for severe asteroid hyalosis. I have had problems with my vision for years. The inside of my eye looks like a snow globe, to me it's like looking through a black lace curtian that moves all the time. I had been told for years the surgury was too dangerous and I would have to live with it. It was hard to see details when I paint.

A month ago my eye doctor refered me to an eye surgeon. "oh yeah, we can fix that" My vision is still clearing and they're keeping my pupil dilated until it's healed (extreme glare and no closeup vision for now). It has been the answer to my prayers.

I still need the other eye done, but the surgury wasn't that bad. twilight anestesia, not a lot of pain, took an hour for surgury. there was a chance of a detatched retina but I managed to avoid that. My son says I have a Zombie eye. it is red and ugly for now.

Well the sun is coming over the mountian so I need to get to the dark side of the house (I'm a mushroom for now). just thought I'd drop and and share my wonderful news.

So happy to hear your eye is fixed! Isn't it just amazing?! I think I could live without a lot of things, but my vision isn't one of them. Good for you!

DBfarmgirl
01-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Peg- It's amazing how far we've come with medicine. I'm glad your cousin was able to benifit from that.
Christine- It is the most amazing thing. I agree - I could live without a lot of things but my eyes are not one of them.

I keep covering my left eye (the not fixed one) and looking out of my still hazy right one. I don't think I'll tire of that any time soon. Only problem now is it's been clear and sunny with a coating of snow on the ground and it's too bright to go outside or be near the windows. Third follow up appointment on wednesday so hopefully they will stop the dialating drops so I can see better.

I'm wondering after all the grey stuff is removed from the sight of both eyes what I will think of my artwork. It my be a lot more garash than I remember....

keepingpure
01-25-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm SUPER excited right now!!!!

I found the Prismacolor Nupastel 96 set on ebay, with shipping for $70!!!! So I just ordered it.

I'm about to flip! I'm SO EXCITED!!! I have maybe 60 colors now, and over half of them are the hard square off-brand pastels, so I CAN'T WAIT!!!

(Okay, bear with me here, I'm just a little happy!) :-D

Shirl Parker
01-31-2014, 11:54 PM
Time for a new chat thread. Click here. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19957977#post19957977)