PDA

View Full Version : Greenies' room: January 2014

Dewi
12-31-2013, 09:24 PM
Hello everyone :wave:

Happy New Year 2014 to you all

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2013/61325-image.jpg
I gave up uploading another image it turned out the same for 4 times

Here is from last month's (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1336410&page=3http://)

Vivien Maloney
01-01-2014, 12:52 AM
Hi there Dewi and a very happy New Year to you and all our members of the Floral Forum.:clap: :clap:

Not a great beginning for the New Year for our family.
Our youngest son (who is 40 and old and old enough to know better) had a crash with his cross-country motorbike and smashed into a tree, on New Years Eve. This was in the wild Central Otago back country.

Luckily he had 2 motorbike friends with him so one of them rode his own motorbike out until he could get cell-phone coverage and phoned the police for help. There's no cell-phone coverage in the middle of the Back Country. The Helicopter Rescue Service swung into action and had a helicopter there in no time and took him to hospital where his arm was operated on. He had all his protective clothing on but they did say if he'd hit the tree chest-on he wouldn't be with us now! As it was, he was lucky the tree branch didn't go quite through his arm.

He's had one operation to remove bits of tree from his arm and is due to have another op tomorrow. He's very lucky to be alive because, after the accident, his friends couldn't stop the bleeding and if the Rescue Service hadn't got to him fast enough, he'd be gone now!

Wouldn't you think a 40year old with a wife and two daughters would be careful enough not to hit a tree at full speed! Or indeed wouldn't you think he would be better to give up trail bike riding altogether! He's ok but feeling very sore and sorry for himself in hospital. And oh no...he's not going to give up cross-country motorbike riding, so he tells me.:(

Sharrm
01-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Oh no Viv, what a day you must have had.....so glad he's still with you and give him some time,
this may shine a light for him to think about his family's needs first....It's only been a few hours, hasn't hit him yet what could have happened....
I do hope he fairs well with the second operation, and you can rest easy......
Goes to show .....doesn't matter how old they are....they will always give us grey hairs......:heart:
Now take care of yourself, too, so you can be there when needed.... :)

bluefish
01-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Viv...

Sharron expressed my sentiments and thoughts beautifully.....

we never stop worrying about them but life goes on.....take good care of yourself, as you have suffered 'stress', so smile when you can.....:)

and a very Happy New Year to you and DH....I'll try my best to bring a smile to you now and then with my antics with my girls(ladies)...:lol:

'blue....:wave:

PattiLou
01-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Oh no Viv, glad it was not any worse and hoping for a speedy recovery. Even when they are getting older and we are "old" the worrying does not stop. Their turn will come and only then will they understand. :lol:

Hope everyone is starting the new year with good health and a wealth of ideas. I always have ideas but sometimes that's all the further they get, just an idea. :angel:

Lady Carol
01-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Wouldn't you think a 40year old with a wife and two daughters would be careful enough not to hit a tree at full speed!
No. Boys will be boys no matter what the age. Sorry to hear that Viv. Glad he is OK.....kind of. At least mend-able.

Vivien Maloney
01-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks everyone and yes I'm so glad he's "mendable" too!:thumbsup:
No-one tells us, when we have kids, that we will worry about them all their lives, no matter how old they are! I guess once a Mother, always a Mother :heart:

Blue - Just go on being yourself, as you always give me something to smile about. :clap: And we all need that sometimes, don't we!:D

Antiqueteacher
01-01-2014, 11:49 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2014/146894-61325-30494-Hugs_Bunny.jpg This is for you, Viv!! Your DS is getting treatment, but our hearts still hurt for them no matter the age!! :confused: It must have given you a fright, but like Blue said, relax, and let us help you with the stress!! :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great day with the New Year!! :clap: :clap: Not sure I am ready for the schedules to begin again! :angel:

Hugs, Katherine :music: :music:

Vivien Maloney
01-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Katherine - Love the hugs and thanks so much!
He's looking a bit better today after a second operation, so I guess I can relax now!:)

meggs
01-02-2014, 01:22 AM
Viv what terrible news, so glad he's perking up. So much for the not giving up... Macho Bravado... wouldnt expect anything less. However pain, time in recovery and physio just might be a reality check he needs. Shall keep my fingers crossed :crossfingers:

I hope everyone enjoyed the New Year celebrations of their choosing. Me .. did my usual little trick... I did go out to a function here at the village..arrived 8pm and left 9pm.... New Year arrived and found me asleep on the lounge :lol:...:wave:

Charlie's Mum
01-02-2014, 07:20 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jan-2014/30494-basket-of-hugs-3.gif
For you especially Viv - such an awful thing to happen to your family ........ grrr if he wasn't so poorly, couldn't you just smack him one?:lol:
Glad he's on the mend and hope your heart is settling down a bit now!

Well Katherine, you might not be ready yet but all the challenges are under-way already ....... sometimes I think we should have a respite at this time and just chill out!;)

Meryl - we were in bed before midnight - lol - it was very quiet in the village here - a few fireworks but no noisy revellers!
Three years ago we decided we wouldn't do any more big parties over the holiday period, including N.Y. Eve - and because we don't, no one else does either!:lol: :lol:

Today is a beautiful day - yesterday was dark and wet - horrid ..... going for a walk to make the most of the lovely fresh air before the next storm rolls in!:rolleyes:

May all our Muses return to their owners and stop playing funny-beggars!:lol:

Happy New Year Painting Peeps:D
OR
Happy New Year, Painting Peeps :D
OR
Happy New Year Painting, Peeps :D

Whatever .................... ;)

bluefish
01-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Ah Meggs, sounds like you need a visit.....:evil:

and Maureen, I 'blushed' @ your comment about celebrating NYE...:D

Hi Viv, hope you are more relaxed now......:thumbsup:

where's that Elaine gal?.........'blue.....:smug:

Shirl Parker
01-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Just checking in. I've been sending my posts by ESP and I thought I better check and see if you're getting them? :rolleyes:

Nothing but rain, rain, rain here. No cart runs for Nikki for several days.

Lady Carol
01-02-2014, 04:31 PM
waiting for the snow to happen.....then I will go home cause I will have an excuse.

Charlie's Mum
01-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Just to let you know - Elaine has been poorly but is hopefully feeling somewhat better ...... and if the weather improves she might be able to get computer time too.
Keep the kind thoughts coming for her please :)

Blue! How could you think I might do anything inappropriate? :lol: :o :D

And was your party good?:D

Shirl - looks like the weather's bad all over our hemisphere!

bluefish
01-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Maureen......party was ;) .....another gentleman and myself with a dozen ladies all demonstrating their culinary skills......enough food for the entire 'Polish Army!'.....:lol:

blue....:wink2:

Lady Carol
01-03-2014, 10:47 AM
That's good odds blue.

We have a snow day at work today....:clap:

Lady Carol
01-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Finally got around to photographing my drawing :) It was a fun drawing and no, I am not afraid of colour

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2014/11811-DSC01503-sm.jpg

Shirl Parker
01-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Very well done, Carol. :clap:

Charlie's Mum
01-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Lovely brass work Carol :thumbsup:

bluefish
01-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Carol...just love the utilization of color, expertly blended into a very skilled drawing......wonderful work....

'blue....:wink2:

Lady Carol
01-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Lovely brass work Carol :thumbsup:
I am surprised Raymo isn't here guffawing over that comment. Thanks m and Shirl. Glad you like it.

So I had a riding lesson today. I went there in -9C/17F weather only to find that it had been cancelled and I was not told. :( the barn manager said.."I called all the people who did not own horses and told them but I forgot to call you" Great communication skills.

Lady Carol
01-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Aw thanks blue...cross post so I missed it originally.

It will go to the gallery in a few weeks. I just need to get it framed.

meggs
01-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Well the New Year has started with a bang weatherwise... UK facing floods ... USA snowstorms and here downunder the Mother of all Heat waves. Yesterday many towns set new records for soaring temps..some as high as 48 degrees celsius.

Here at home, being so close to the sea, it was still 33C at 8am soaring to 35 by midday. Yours truly, closed the drapes, set the aircon and suffered in comfort...So glad I wasnt working. Buggar the electricity cost... a girls gotta breathe... Today thankfully at lot cooler with a nice breeze blowing.

:wave:

bluefish
01-05-2014, 07:59 AM
WOW Meggs, with all that heat, if I was there, I'd paint you...'Hot Babe from Down Under'......:D :wink2:

Lady Carol
01-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Just finishes another drawing....now wondering what shall I do next.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jan-2014/11811-DSC01512-sm.jpg

meggs
01-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Carol how good is that!!.. I could fit my fingers behind the folds.. totally envious :envy:

Blue your a crackup... so glad your back with us again, now if we could just see Noods again.. Id be a "happy chappy"... As far as your painting ... just paint a grease slick and ya got me.

bluefish
01-06-2014, 07:26 AM
I'm contemplating 'voluminous curves'......:D

meggs
01-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Hey Blue.. Steady on Mate, I dont like that word.."voluminous" Your giving me a complex..:lol:

Well not only are we dealing with the heat here, but also fires and storms.. Grabbed the camera this arvo to take this shot....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2014/200778-Summer_evening_001.JPG

Charlie's Mum
01-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Super drawing Carol - one of Diana Ponting's refs?

Spectacular sky Meryl:)

Floods still rising here in UK (not for us though, thanks goodness) but having lashing rain and high winds. Should be easing by Wednesday (little prayer!).

Blue - you naughty boy! Fancy calling Meryl 'voluminous'! She'll slap you with a wet fish if she catches you!!!;) :lol:

bluefish
01-06-2014, 02:16 PM
curves.....curves for a drawing.....that's all we were talking about....and I get smacked with a three day old fish......Oy Vah!.....:smug:

meggs
01-06-2014, 04:03 PM
I'll oy vah ya, right up the kyber pass...Ya DAG :lol:

bluefish
01-06-2014, 05:20 PM
kyber pass??????......is that like Dundee cake? :lol:

and over here we spell it DOG......arf, arf......:D

I think we did this years ago......:rolleyes:

PattiLou
01-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Better to have curves than not... if you are female. :D

meggs
01-06-2014, 11:48 PM
I was not referring to dog Blue ... Ask Carol what a dag is..:lol:

Patti he was not referring to curves...;)

bluefish
01-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Ah Meggs....you know I would love to paint your CURVES!...:lol:

even include a few roses @ your feet so it could be posted in here.....:D

that 'dag' guy......:waveu

noodle1
01-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Viv….I am so sorry to hear about your son's accident but I'm happy to hear he seems to be doing okay for all that he's gone through. I will keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery and enlightenment..lol the latter being more of a mom's prayer yes. Big hugs to you too sweetie I'm sure it's knocked the wind out of you as well.

I just thought I'd come in and offer rather late but just as sincere Christmas Wishes and New Year's ones too, I've been very absent and I apologize but I'm back and with the grace of God am sticking around for a long while..:)
I ended up in the hospital, got out last Friday so yes spent Christmas there but the kids made dinner and brought it to the hospital and we had our day there and it worked out just fine. In the end I'm fine but I do have this issue with my kidneys they seem to have quit on me…haha well almost and I am having to plan on Dialysis but all in all considering last year ran me over like a Mac truck I'm doing exceptionally well so far this year….LOL and I am up and running, well maybe crawling but I'm quick..haha

Two fantastic pieces Miss Carol..now see it's things like that that make me want to pick up my pencils that and pure jealousy...:D :heart:

Will be easy to sit at the computer now, had Larry bring it into my 'hot' room ..haha so I will see you a bit later, just need a bit of a nap at the moment.

Very Big Hugs All Round!!!! :heart:
Elaine

bluefish
01-07-2014, 03:25 PM
wow Elaine.....I had no idea......so glad you are recovered and home.....the man upstairs will take good care of his 'little angel'.....:thumbsup:

Meggs will be delighted to have you back.....now she can chat with you and stop being such a 'bully' to me...:D

again, so glad to hear from you....it's like 'old' times again on here...

Charlie's Mum
01-07-2014, 05:20 PM
So good to see you back here again Elaine - we've missed you lots!

Sorry about the tiddly-kiddleys too - naughty! Hope they can do something to prevent the dialysis ....... still, needs must, and we need you! :)

Stay warm and rest lots! ((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Yabut
01-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Just popped in to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and say I hope you all got off to a better start than we did. New Years Day I developed a stomach flu, and my hubby lost a filling that he can't get replaced for a couple of weeks yet. And then I hear about Viv's son. Suddenly I have nothing to complain about. I do hope he will mend well. You didn't say if it was his dominant arm Viv, but I sure hope not. Is he still in hospital?

Karen

Antiqueteacher
01-08-2014, 01:16 AM
ELAINE!!! We have missed you so much!! Sweetie, we did not know that you were in the hospital. . .glad you are on the mend. Praying that you will not have to do the dialysis and like Maureen suggested, the doctors can find another way. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours, Elaine!!

I am up and running, well maybe crawling but I'm quick..haha :lol: Sounds just like our Elaine!! :lol: Keep being quick and we will be here to help you out!! :clap: :clap:

Glad to 'see' the rest of the Peeps showing up, too. :wave: :wave:

Have to share our adventure at the Mission House yesterday. We were having a regular Monday afternoon job of sorting through the clothes that had been donated last week. . .and with Christmas, more and more had cleaned out closets to make room for the new, so we were packed/blessed. After we had worked for about an hour I got a call from a friend that wanted to know if we could spare some coats and blankets for the ones living under the bridge (or Tent City) with the temps plunging into the teens that night. I assured her that we did and she sent someone to pick them up. I alerted the others and we got busy and had stacks of both coats and blankets with some sweats and hoodies thrown in, too. She arrived in a convertible that was a medium sized car. . .remember we had stacks of items! :lol: But we helped her pack them in and her phone got lost under the piles in her car. Anyway, we were so thrilled to be actively helping out with this dire need and to see it going to the people that evening. She said that the people just rushed her car and were getting what they needed to stay warm. They sent a message back to us that they certainly appreciated the Mission House for taking up the cause. God is so good!!

Hugs, Peeps!!

Katherine

meggs
01-08-2014, 01:53 AM
Noods, its made my day to see you back.... I have really missed you Chickee... Dont take any notice of Blue... just shooting the breeze with him... Hes a big boy, he can take it :lol: Im sorry to hear you have been so unwell, praying all will come good and an alternative can be found. I'll try and catch you up on skype... Welcome back and bigggggg hugs :wave:

We are just having a stinking hot summer over here and Im really feeling it, after living in a brick home with a high roof profile... Faced the fact I had to get insulation... Love Google and computer.. sent off a web inquiry on the weekend..
Sales person came today, really nice bloke... Insulation goes in next thursday and only a $1000... I was absolutely stoked...:thumbsup: :clap:

bluefish
01-08-2014, 07:20 AM
wow..$1000 for the 'bloke'......think I'll come down there to work....:D

noodle1
01-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys for the warm welcomes, and yes Blue the gangs all here and how I've missed being a part of that.

Katherine sounds like God clearly blessed all the efforts of the mission. He is a good God especially when his kids are listening..:wink2: You all do wonderful work.

Meryl very grateful for the prayers hon, thank you. Seems kidneys are staying pat, they won't get better but they are not getting any worse, that's a good thing. I sure could use some of your heat there cutie, dang cold up here

Maureen you are such a dear, tiddly kiddley's..:lol: :lol: Yeah the dialysis part is not to inviting but all in all it's just a few hours out of a day..and if I'm good with the diet I can reduce the number of those days down to one instead of four a week..time to get use to eating sawdust then...hahahaha

Oh Blue I do believe you can hold your own with our girl Meryl..best stay away from words like voluminous, :eek: swap it out for voluptuous much better word..:wink2:

Need to go check out the postings, hopefully will be back to do some of that myself real soon. Catch ya later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Lady Carol
01-09-2014, 02:37 PM
I was not referring to dog Blue ... Ask Carol what a dag is..:lol:

Don't get me to do your dirty work, Megsy. That aint fair.

Hey Elaine...welcome back. Sorry to hear that your filtering system is shutting down but dialysis, although a waste of time, can make for a reasonable substitution. Just remember to take your pencils and paper with you when you go.

Lady Carol
01-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Sales person came today, really nice bloke... Insulation goes in next thursday and only a $1000... I was absolutely stoked...:thumbsup: :clap: Is that one of those Aussie going green efforts? Me brudda what is in Bris decided that he would get himself certified to do insulation. So he did. He really only wanted to get the certificate so that he could install the insulation himself in the house that he is building west of Bris, out in cow country.

bluefish
01-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Elaine...is this any better?

"Meggs voluminous curves are voluptuous....lets get the brushes out and paint".....:lol:

noodle1
01-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Atta boy Blue....:thumbsup: :lol: :lol:

meggs
01-10-2014, 12:00 AM
Thats it Im going on a diet.... Blue I hope a flock of emu's come and kick your outhouse down....

There Carol I was polite and reworded it...... :lol:

bluefish
01-10-2014, 07:26 AM
emu's (?), outhouses, pray tell what are they?...read about them in history books...this is the 'rockets to the moon age'......:lol: :evil:

Elain....Meggs will keep that smile on your pretty face.....so glad the kidneys are behaving.....take good care of them....we love having you back.....:thumbsup:

and Carol, thanks for your help.....'dag' didn't sound to appealing to me....:D

Lady Carol
01-11-2014, 09:36 AM
....dag "can" be complimentary.... :D

bluefish
01-11-2014, 09:44 AM
never got a 'compliment' from Meggs ever.....:D :smug:

meggs
01-12-2014, 01:24 AM
Carol is right Blue, any insult dished out, can be complimentary.

We are a weird mob in this country, not known to be "smoochy" .. For us the greater the insult, the higher regard we have for the friendship.

I mean ..What can you expect... We come from downunder... So when I call you an "as*hole" .. the greater regard I have for you as a person...

Its the Aussie Culture. :)

bluefish
01-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Ah Meggs.......I have a tear of joy in my eye with your last comment....:evil: :D

I know you mean well, but for some strange reason, I prefer Maureen's 'sweet comments'! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lady Carol
01-12-2014, 09:43 AM
I have to concur with Meggs. It is the Aussie culture. we tend to take the piss out of ourselves and everyone else around us. The more attention you get from someone, complimentary or otherwise acts as a barometer as to how much we like the person. Now blue, if Meggs totally ignored you, you would know that she didn't like you at all.

PattiLou
01-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Kinda like "I only pick on the people I like." That's what I always say. :lol:

Charlie's Mum
01-12-2014, 12:36 PM
My last post got eaten :( ...... I hope the gremlins enjoyed it cos it was :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: at Blue's last comment :D

meggs
01-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Awww Blue, Mums a pom, they tend to "pretty paper" things....very DIP..LO..MATIC.....

Me's just a "scrubber".. was behind the door when tact was handed out. I do try hard, but me see's it, I think it, I sez it...:evil:

bluefish
01-12-2014, 10:31 PM
love you just the way you are.....all tar, feathers, with rust in your bloomers and crankcase oil under your nails....a real 'downunder lady'....:smug:

let's get back to painting!

Lady Carol
01-12-2014, 10:50 PM
love you just the way you are.....all tar, feathers, with rust in your bloomers and crankcase oil under your nails....a real 'downunder lady'....:smug: !
ROFL ............touché.

meggs
01-27-2014, 09:13 AM
Just had to share this with you... We have just celebrated Australia day here...
I know you all think of me as a "roughnut' but after seeing this, you'll see it comes with the nationality, and Im damn proud of it..:lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jan-2014/200778-Australia.jpg

:evil::lol:

Charlie's Mum
01-27-2014, 10:43 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluefish
01-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Meggs......It's sincerely an 'honor' to know you....and just love your tales of that wonderful country of yours.....Happy Australia Day!...you should be very proud.....:thumbsup:

Lady Carol
01-27-2014, 10:56 PM
So true Meggs........so true.

Btw Blue, I am a proud Aussie too :smug:

Shirl Parker
01-27-2014, 11:36 PM
Meggs/Carol, My brother observed from that map that you must not be having a problem with rabbits anymore...

meggs
01-27-2014, 11:50 PM
Nahhh Shirl, they shipped an ancestor of mine over here from "Pommyland" for stealing a rabbit... he shot the lot...LOL

Seriously though, rabbits, roo's, possums, wild dogs, dingo's and Brumbies... somewhere in this land there is to many of...

bluefish
01-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Carol.....in your case, Australia's loss is America's gain.....:thumbsup:

plus, I need you close by to explain to me what Meggs is saying....:D

Lady Carol
01-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Carol.....in your case, Australia's loss is America's gain.....:thumbsup:

plus, I need you close by to explain to me what Meggs is saying....:D

Thanks blue. I thought you were a sweetheart until I saw your ulterior motive.

Shirl Parker
01-29-2014, 01:33 PM
I got word on Elaine:

Karlie Colangelo 11:01am Jan 29
Yeah she's okay at the moment. She was in the ICU for kidney failure for a little while but she's into a main room at the hospital now and they're just trying to get her dialysis straightened out.

I'll try to get more info and see if I can call her.

Charlie's Mum
01-29-2014, 05:00 PM
Again, thanks for getting this info for us Shirl ....... if you do manage to speak to her well, you know we're all thinking of her and wishing her well.

Antiqueteacher
01-31-2014, 01:32 AM
Shirl, hopefully you can get more on Elaine!! Bless her heart!! She has been so strong!! Let her know that we love her and are praying for her recovery!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Carol and Blue, how is the weather in your part of the frozen country??? Keep warm!! :angel:

Hello, to the South and to the East. . .Australia and England! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Peeps, I have been naughty and have missed so much, but I never forgot about you guys!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hugs, Katherine :music: :music:

justjean
01-31-2014, 02:03 AM
Sending Elaine good wishes and prayers

bluefish
01-31-2014, 07:09 AM
Katherine.......the weather here is as cold as Carol's replys.....:D

nice to hear from you....blue....:wave: