PDA

View Full Version : Instructors for Animal & Wildlife classes needed

MJGresko
12-29-2013, 11:50 AM
The Animal & Wildlife Subjects forum will be offering classes starting in February. They are currently looking for someone to host a class in pastels. If you are interested in sharing your knowledge of animal painting please contact Vivien Maloney on the site. Thanks!

robertsloan2
12-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Oh wow. This is so tempting. I could do cats. I don't know how many would be interested just in cats - but if you get cats right, you can do any other mammal. I might volunteer, have to think about this and how much time I can devote to it.

MJGresko
12-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Think about it Robert and talk to Vivien. She seems to have quite a few lined up for other mediums but nothing for pastels. I wouldn't know where to begin. My approach is all over the place. I'm afraid people would be more confused if I tried to teach them anything. Lol!

Vivien Maloney
12-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Robert - Thank you Robert! I've PM'd you.:wave:

robertsloan2
12-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Purr, I just did and I've got August lined up now for "Cats and their Friends in Pastels." My plan for the class involves both life gesture sketching and working from photos, so if someone's got a dog or other animal, they can follow along the stages working from their pet. The processes are similar but my demo's definitely "Cat" geared.

I'm excited about it and already planning... including how to keep the palette simple enough someone just starting doesn't bust their budget with the first box of pastels, but open enough that anyone who does have several sets around can go ahead and use them all.

MJGresko
12-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Well that was easy enough. Thanks Robert! And I have trouble doing cats so this will be purrfect!