PDA

View Full Version : money...

animal
08-08-1999, 10:08 PM
I was wondering how much do you usually get for selling watercolours?what about for beginners paintings?I heard that watercolour flowers recive quite a bit.

gypsy
08-15-1999, 10:39 PM
Hi, Beginners need to be realistic and price accordingly. Check out the going rate in your area and see where you fit. I use a formula that adds up my time at x number of dollars per hour, cost of all supplies used(this means breaking down the cost of brushes papers paints used from each tube, etc) then I add a percentage for profit, add framing cost if applicable. It is a starting point that sometimes needs to be adjusted as some watercolors go so fast and some take way too much time. Give it a try and let me know if it warks for you.

animal
10-26-1999, 01:25 PM
How much do you usually get for selling watercolours, is it a lot less than acrylics?

please help

bruin70
10-26-1999, 06:14 PM
consider the cost of supplies. and leave the pricing to the gallery. they know the demographics. and keep this in mind...YOU CAN'T GO BACK. it doesn't look good if a buyer sees a piece going for $200,,,and then $150 a few weeks later.

amanda
10-27-1999, 02:09 AM
Hi, I am currently preparing for a student exhibition in which I had to price my first lot of properly framed paintings. The gallery where its being done worked it out with me. They basically get the painting framed and then take the framing price and times it by 3. The split is; one third framing, one third commission for the gallery and one third labour/materials (profit!).

Alí Irizarry
11-29-1999, 10:39 PM
It also depends on the size of the painting, and of course, your talent and background. Maybe you should go to a gallery and ask them in how much, more or less, they would sell it. GOOD LUCK!! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Alí

Sylvielu
10-23-2003, 03:14 PM
I think if people like an art piece they will pay whatever price is being asked. I was told to up the price for mine and they will probably start selling faster.